• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • waldron1305

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Im looking at a safariland dropleg tacticao holster for my glock 23 with a tlr-2. Cannot decide wether a lvl 2 or lvl 3 security. can you guys help me with the advantages/disadvantages between them? are there any special fetures about either you like above the other manufacturers out there?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I advise a balance. You do not want someone to be able to snag your gun as they move by you, but than again, you don't want the frustration Vin Diesel had negotiating the vault (sorry, I could only find the video of him doing the dance in the nursery, not in the vault).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fFIHQm_FT8[/ame]

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    You will not find a level 3 Safariland for a Glock with the TRL-2. Only the 6004 is compatible with the TRL-2.

The hood of the 6004 in standard configuration is often considered a level 2, but is roughly a level 1. A sentry can be added to the hood making it a level 2. The Sentry prevents the hood from being depressed until it is moved out of the way.

The 6280 with ALS, Hood and Sentry would be an equivalent to a level 3 holster, but it only fits the TRL-1, M-3 or Surefire X-200/X-300. I looked for some time for an ALS that would accept the TRL-2 and even contacted Safariland, but with a minimum order of 30 to make a custom run it was easier to switch lights and add a Crimson Trace laser.

Top Bottom