• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am not sure why we are referring to a driver under the legal limit as a drunk driver. The news also stated that the ambulance was driving 15-20 mph over the speed limit without a patient. There are multiple reasons for this accident.

Fair enough, how about a "drinking driver"? (who also was 5-10 over the speed limit)

And they were going 15-20 over without a patient... Were they, perhaps, enroute *to* a patient?

I did not know the two men involved, nonetheless, I am saddened by the loss to their families and to our shared profession.

Rest in peace, gentlemen, and take pride in those words you were undoubtedly told: "Well done, good and faithful servant."

Blessings,
    Bill

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Fair enough, how about a "drinking driver"? (who also was 5-10 over the speed limit)

And they were going 15-20 over without a patient... Were they, perhaps, enroute *to* a patient?

I did not know the two men involved, nonetheless, I am saddened by the loss to their families and to our shared profession.

Rest in peace, gentlemen, and take pride in those words you were undoubtedly told: "Well done, good and faithful servant."

Blessings,
    Bill

they were not Bill and that is what makes this even more sad.
    She was wrong for her part, they were wrong for theirs. Unfortunately they paid for their wrong with their life

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Blessings,
    Bill

The news article I read said they were not on the way to a patient. They had been out on a call and were just heading back, no patient.

Truly terrible, no way around it. :(

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I am not sure why we are referring to a driver under the legal limit as a drunk driver. The news also stated that the ambulance was driving 15-20 mph over the speed limit without a patient. There are multiple reasons for this accident.

As a person who drinks maybe on average one beer a month in a year (if even that), a drunk driver is really anyone who is impaired, regardless of blood alcohol content when talking about alcohol consumption. She easily could have still been a "drunk driver," as I would likely be "drunk" at a .06, though technically not over the legal limit. They aren't charging her, and to me, that likely means there were no signs of intoxication. The timing of the draw is of most importance, and she wasn't quickly transported to the hospital for a blood draw, then she might have gotten away with committing a serious crime.

Top Bottom