• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SaltyPup11b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Sad fact

If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq Theater of operations during the last 22 months, and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000.

The firearms death rate in Washington D.C. is 80.6 per 100,000.

That means that you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in our Nation's Capitol, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation, than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: We should immediately pull out of Washington D.C.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Interesting facts.

Though, I think many of the fatalities in Iraq are from IEDs.

I do see the bigger point. DC is more violent in some ways than Iraq. Gun control works great, doesn't it?

SaltyPup11b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Good points gentleman. Recently returning from Iraq your right about IED's being a major threat. EFP's though are the major killer over there. They are molded copper in usually coffee cans with c4 and and charge causing a shape charge punching through all of our armor through basically any vehicle. Very interesting to research. Thanks for commenting back.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    That's actually a very old statistic. I don't know the exact statistics off the top of my head, but I believe yours were for the first 22 months of combat. The last year in Iraq has been considerably better than that.

Believe it or not, more Marines died on motorcycles in 2008 than were killed in Iraq.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That's actually a very old statistic. I don't know the exact statistics off the top of my head, but I believe yours were for the first 22 months of combat. The last year in Iraq has been considerably better than that.

Believe it or not, more Marines died on motorcycles in 2008 than were killed in Iraq.

Same for the Army.

Wilshire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Mishawaka
    As a marine in Iraq, I personally would be more afraid on the streets of DC than I am here. At least here, we have a general idea from whom the attacks will be coming. :ar15:

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    Sad fact

If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq Theater of operations during the last 22 months, and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000.

The firearms death rate in Washington D.C. is 80.6 per 100,000.

That means that you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in our Nation's Capitol, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation, than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: We should immediately pull out of Washington D.C.

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    Good points gentleman. Recently returning from Iraq your right about IED's being a major threat. EFP's though are the major killer over there. They are molded copper in usually coffee cans with c4 and and charge causing a shape charge punching through all of our armor through basically any vehicle. Very interesting to research. Thanks for commenting back.
    And our copper prices went through the roof.:dunno:

Top Bottom