• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsheets1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Portage NWI
    I own a sigma and would be nervous taking springs out. You have a couple options otherwise. You can buy a lighter striker spring from wolff or you can call s&w customer service and tell them your trigger feels gritty. They will repair it under warranty shipping included and when you get it back it should take it from about 12 lbs to 8 or below. Keep in mind they recommend on wolffs sight that changing the striker may increase the possibility of a light strike. One thing I did that didn't help the trigger but improved mine was using a wolff slide return spring and metal rod. Good luck and be careful with backyard mods.

Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    I think you just have a small spring to remove.
    How do you like the gun besides the trigger?

I really like it. It has never failed and likes cheap ammo. I have put around 300 rounds through it. It is to big for me as a ccw, so now I'm looking for something slimmer.

Jim

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    i've put thousands of rounds through my 40VE and the trigger is nice and worn in. shoot the crap out of it and don't look back. i wouldn't pull springs out of it, but YMMV.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    pulled 2 springs out of mine and have run tons of rounds through it without a single hiccup!! feels like it cut the trigger pull in half and it only took a couple of minutes to do

Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    Thanks for all the input. I'm gonna pull the one spring and see how it feels. I saw two different youtubes one you pull the small spring in the front the other you pull one of the others, too. I'll let you all know what happens.

john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I would recommend pulling both springs out, it makes a much bigger difference once you take the 2nd spring out. I have about 1500 rounds through mine post trigger job, zero issues just better accuracy.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    The gritty feeling can be fixed by polishing the inside of that super tiny slot. It takes forever to do it correctly, but it's priceless. Also that grit causes friction so it's a win win deal.

It's been two years since I've done a trigger job on one but I'm pretty sure I used a factory Glock Striker spring and may have removed a coil or two. Do all the normal polishing of contact points...

Took me 4 hours to make my buddies perfect. If I ever get the will power to do it again, I might just pick up a used one.

Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    This morning I took both springs out. Took it to the range. wow what a difference. Shot 100 rounds through with no problem. My accuracy improved.

Top Bottom