• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm don't have one of these pistols, but I do have a question about the process. Can a person ship a gun to them and they ship it back directly to you, or do you have to use an FFL?

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It's my understanding that if the serial number doesn't change it can be shipped back and forth, if there is a new serial number it has to go through an FFL.

Can someone confirm or correct me?

Joe

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I sent one back to them for the recall, S&W emailed me a shipping label and I dropped it and the gun off at Fed Ex and they shipped it to them and then when it was repaired Fed Ex delived it to me.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    Thanks for the heads up Mightysword. I have two of them that I use as loaners in my basic pistol class. Both of their serial numbers are on the recall list.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    YOU can ship to the manufacturer without an FFL involved.

They can ship back to your doorstep provided the serial number isn't changed.

If the serial number changes, they then ship it to your choice of FFL and you then must fill out another 4473. Your FFL may or may not charge you for this.

-J-

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Many (if not all) the recalls we've seen recently seem to be (at least partly) for "safety" related issues. Makes me wonder if 30 years ago there would have been such recalls at all. If the gun functioned fine and reliably, we were happy. If you dropped it out of a 3rd story window all bets were off. The expectations are higher today.

Top Bottom