• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Yes you could buy the full size mags and add the spacer but will be harder conceal if that was an issue for you. I dont care about consealing but im not that open with it either.

Here's my point though, if consealment is the question area, I would still be better off with the compact. 1) Shorter barrell, I know it's not much but it would still help. 2)Those times where consealment was a priority, I could always use the compact mags to cut back on grip length and still have my carry weapon. For all the other times, I can leave in the full size mags. If I bought the full size, I'm no matter what going to have a weapon that's at least moderatly harder to conceal. Still, the ability to conseal comes second to how comfortable the gun shoots. If I'm not happy with the way it feels, I'm not as likely to carry it. At that point, I'd just throw my wifes Colt Mustang in my pocket and be on my way.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Here's my point though, if consealment is the question area, I would still be better off with the compact. 1) Shorter barrell, I know it's not much but it would still help. 2)Those times where consealment was a priority, I could always use the compact mags to cut back on grip length and still have my carry weapon. For all the other times, I can leave in the full size mags. If I bought the full size, I'm no matter what going to have a weapon that's at least moderatly harder to conceal. Still, the ability to conseal comes second to how comfortable the gun shoots. If I'm not happy with the way it feels, I'm not as likely to carry it. At that point, I'd just throw my wifes Colt Mustang in my pocket and be on my way.

Personally, I would want to shoot my carry gun the way I carry it. I wouldn't want to practice with a standard mag, then carry a compact mag, but this is just my opinion.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Personally, I would want to shoot my carry gun the way I carry it. I wouldn't want to practice with a standard mag, then carry a compact mag, but this is just my opinion.

I'd like to be proficient with either mag in it. Your suggestion makes perfect sense though.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    HighStrung, it seems as though you are thinking the same way I did when I bought my gun for concealed carry. Let me give you some advice. Buy this gun. LOL.

I have 2 17rnd mags for my 9c. I use them at the range. They will not conceal very well. The extended magazine conceals fine. The flat mag conceals best and I promise that it isn't hard to get used to. When Im practicing for self defense situations, I use the flat mag. when I am shooting for fun, I use the 17rnd mags. My 17rnd mags DO NOT have the grip extender on them. Yes they would be a little more comfortable with them but they do not feel bad at all w/o them. It gives you the best all around utility as will any compact gun that allows the FS mags.

However, if you go with the .40 it may be a little different as the .40 gives a little more recoil.

If you are concealing with IWB, grip length is the only part that needs to be considered unless you're a big guy. If you are a big guy the barrel/end of holster might dig a little.

Top Bottom