Jan 19, 2010
    SE Indiana,Aurora
    Here is the picture of it!
    DSC00461.jpg

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I'm a huge fan of the GenIII DAO's. I don't currently own one but shoot a friends regularly. We've never measured the trigger but I would estimate it to be around 8lbs. It's so silky smooth that the weight has never been an issue.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Whats It Worth....Nickel, Nice condition, 3 10 round clips, was not a police trade in but belonged to a officer. will post pics later once I have found my darn camera.

I picked mine up with 4 11 round mags, the box, and a box of ammo for $275.00 it was a police turn in, so when I was purchasing it from my local gun shop, the guy ask me if it were ok that it was a police turn in, that it had most likely either been pointed at someone, shot someone, or killed someone, and I told him write it up and I bought the thing. I carry it every day, everywhere, and I have put probably 5K rounds thru it.

INGunGuy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Wow - even the police trades I've seen have been around $350. I certainly wouldn't turn one down at that price. The all-stainless GenIII's are built like tanks and are virtually impossible to wear out.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Wow - even the police trades I've seen have been around $350. I certainly wouldn't turn one down at that price. The all-stainless GenIII's are built like tanks and are virtually impossible to wear out.

I have dropped mine, shot it when it was 8 degrees out and shot it when it was 98 degrees out. Left it in my car during the summer and left it outside to freeze. I have NEVER had a failure to fire, failure to eject, nothing, nada, none. I trust this firearm with my and my families lives as this is my carry piece. It is built like a tank, and weighs about as much, but mine mated to my DeSantis holster and DeSantis gun belt, make it easy to access, as I carry it at 3:30. This gun will give you YEARS of good service.

INGunGuy

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I traded a 4046 to Bob some years and got $359 cash value for it toward my XD-40. W/night sights, two mags, and <100 rounds fired.

I traded off my Mod. 411 about a year later. I don't regret either trade.

The 411 had a frame peening problem where the barrel bears against the frame during recoil. the steel barrel would peen the frame so badly that within 100 rounds of firing the gun would start locking up. It would fire from a loaded magazine, but racking the slide was VERY difficult due to the new-found interference. A light filing of the peened surface would get the gun running again.

I assumed that I would eventually run into the same problem with the 4046 (I don't know whether the 4046 has a steel frame or an alloy frame like the 411) and was happy to get as much as I did in trade from Bob.

The DAO trigger on the 4046 is VERY nice.

I got a S&W mod.19 for the 411.

Top Bottom