• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I have been doing a lot of studying into saving money through things like couponing.

One of the interesting things I have discovered is S.C.O.P. (a store's scanning code of practice)

This past week I have received over $20 worth of free stuff from Wal-Marts scanning code of practice.

I am enjoying free stuff.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I am in Canada right now. It is a voluntary thing. The stores like Wal-Mart do it as a form of self punishment so they can keep them selves on their toes.

It happened again today at the same Wal-Mart. A bottle of 500 ml Coke Zero was marked at $1.57 at the cash register it rang up at $1.78. I asked what their SCOP was and it was free (because it was under $10) over $10 and they would have taken $10 off the price.

Wal-Mart as a corporation does not lose anything mislabeled at the store by the employees comes right out of their profit sharing.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    sounds a bit ridiculous
    I am confused. What sounds ridiculous?

1) That they created a voluntary policy to hold themselves accountable to their customers?

2) That they created a policy that provides rewards to themselves when it is executed correctly and punishes themselves when they make mistakes?

3) That I held them to the policy that they created?

4) That I got free stuff?

5) That it is a voluntary practice?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It comes out of their profit sharing. They do not pay it out of their pockets.

By that logic my employer's match SS and Medicare doesn't come out of my paycheck then too? I work for myself.

My point is that cashier didn't price the item, but they lost money because you called them out on it. I dunno, just seems a bit odd.

Top Bottom