• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    The following statement is issued by the Society Against Reason, Comprehension And Sound Minds.

Today at Lone Star College's CyFair campus in Cypress, Texas, a white male went on a stabbing spree leaving 14 injured.

The attacker was armed with a military-style knife, also known as the "X-Acto." The X-Acto knife is the "civilian" version of the standard military medical scalpel. Scalpels are issued to combat surgeons in battle during times of war!
    In the United States, X-Acto knives are sold over-the-counter to children! Many come with multiple blades, and are completely unregulated in most jurisdictions!

Some will claim that X-Acto knives have a “sporting purpose” because they are used by civilian “hobbyist” and “historians” in the construction of scale models of military equipment. Much like violent video games, this so-called "modeling" is just another gateway to violent behavior!

I call upon Congress to act immediately and ban such knives! At the very least, we must demand background checks, serial numbers, registration and waiting periods. It is the opinion of this commentator that such deadly tools of war belong in the battlefield operating room, not on the streets of America!

Only a trained, military doctor should have access an X-Acto knife!

Frank Sharpe
    S.A.R.C.A.S.M. President

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    The following statement is issued by the Society Against Reason, Comprehension And Sound Minds.

Today at Lone Star College's CyFair campus in Cypress, Texas, a white male went on a stabbing spree leaving 14 injured.

The attacker was armed with a military-style knife, also known as the "X-Acto." The X-Acto knife is the "civilian" version of the standard military medical scalpel. Scalpels are issued to combat surgeons in battle during times of war!
    In the United States, X-Acto knives are sold over-the-counter to children! Many come with multiple blades, and are completely unregulated in most jurisdictions!

Some will claim that X-Acto knives have a “sporting purpose” because they are used by civilian “hobbyist” and “historians” in the construction of scale models of military equipment. Much like violent video games, this so-called "modeling" is just another gateway to violent behavior!

I call upon Congress to act immediately and ban such knives! At the very least, we must demand background checks, serial numbers, registration and waiting periods. It is the opinion of this commentator that such deadly tools of war belong in the battlefield operating room, not on the streets of America!

Only a trained, military doctor should have access an X-Acto knife!

Frank Sharpe
    S.A.R.C.A.S.M. President

6a7b1a1495e0ea98ebd042062738bb7f2d84dc7a_m.gif

Acole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I'm going to have to recommend an update. You say "Only a trained, military doctor should have access an X-Acto knife!".

Certainly you just forgot to mention that they should only have access to them while they're in the military. As soon as they are honorably discharged, they become a civilian, which causes PTSD, and they can no longer be trusted with such dangerous equipment.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I'm going to have to recommend an update. You say "Only a trained, military doctor should have access an X-Acto knife!".

Certainly you just forgot to mention that they should only have access to them while they're in the military. As soon as they are honorably discharged, they become a civilian, which causes PTSD, and they can no longer be trusted with such dangerous equipment.

Of course! How silly of me.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    The acronym is perfect! :yesway:

Starting tomorrow, everyone needs to turn in ALL personally owned assault knives. Obviously, knives are MUCH too dangerous for ANY civilian to own!

"Assault knife" is defined as ANY fixed or folding blade knife in the possession of or immediate or remote access to the civilian population including but NOT limited to:

Swords (Adam Lanza had swords, for chrissakes!)
    Daggers
    Dirks
    Axes
    Hatchets
    Machetes
    Combat knives
    Bayonets
    Automatic knives
    Assisted opening knives
    Boot knives
    Jack knives
    Throwing knives
    Hunting knives
    Fishing knives
    Pocket knives
    Kitchen knives
    Utility knives
    Box cutter knives
    Workshop knives
    Knives in restaurants
    Straight razors

Note that ALL multi-blade shaving knives (which civilians falsely claim are called 'razors') are ALSO considered knives, and completely unsuitable to be possessed by unknowledgeable civilians

Plastic knives of any composition are strictly prohibited as they are capable of bypassing TSA metal detectors at airports if the 'most effective' TSA Officers do not catch them.

Also note that 'butcher' knives are especially heinous due to the scary use of the word 'butcher' in the description of the knife.

ALSO included are scalpels (which are clearly knives), because Doctors ARE civilians, because what Doctors DO is called 'practice', and NO civilian should be 'practicing' with these dangerous weapons designed SOLELY for the purpose of cutting human flesh!

Civilians MAY possess a non-functioning plastic knife commonly distributed at fast food restaurants IF the blade is 'tempered' at 1600 degrees for 15 minutes; to insure safety.

Pending legislation will be signed by the P.O.S., er... uh... P.O.T.U.S. that will prohibit sharpened pencils.

:D

Last edited:

Vilage.Idiot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    I have read your comments with great interest and now fear for my family's safety. Please keep me informed on the very first X-ACTO buy back program as I want to rid my home of these terrible devices ASAP. My 5 year old will now have to build his models the old fashioned way (with those silly nubs sticking out all over the place). Thank you for Informing me of the terrible danger we are all in!!!

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I have read your comments with great interest and now fear for my family's safety. Please keep me informed on the very first X-ACTO buy back program as I want to rid my home of these terrible devices ASAP. My 5 year old will now have to build his models the old fashioned way (with those silly nubs sticking out all over the place). Thank you for Informing me of the terrible danger we are all in!!!

We owe it to the children!

Top Bottom