• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Looking at the two females at the top of the heap, I think Barrett is the better choice. An intellectual superstar with deep knowledge of the law. She's been in rare air for a long time.

Plus, she's hot. (That's a minority group on SCOTUS right there!) :)

Comparing resume's with Lagoa....not even close. Plus Lagoa was involved in the Elian Gonzales mess.

You act as if Barrett is lightyears ahead of Lagoa. I think they are on par, with differences of experience.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    “We”? You voted for Trump? I voted for Trump. I don like him. But I did vote for him.

No. "We"- Americans. I'm one of those few that will take blame and credit, for our collective decisions as a country.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No. "We"- Americans. I'm one of those few that will take blame and credit, for our collective decisions as a country.
    I might use “we” collectively. But I would not actually accept collective blame or credit for something I did not actually participate in.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Did "we" beat the Germans and Japanese during WW2? :dunno:

s-l300.jpg

Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    I might use “we” collectively. But I would not actually accept collective blame or credit for something I did not actually participate in.

To me collective or generational guilt is only relevant when an individual chooses to continue in the path. If I continue robbing and murdering because that is what my family or nation has done previously, I would argue it is entirely fair to enact justice for the entire on that individual since he has given hearty agreement to the actions of the past. Likewise for a positive, to use the idea of whether "we" won WWII. I was born 'round the fall of the Berlin Wall so I certainly had no part in World War anything, but if I continue to act on the ideals of freedom and the destruction of tyranny I have no issue being identified as a continuation of that act rolling forward through time, as it were.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This "we" stuff is pretty lame.

This happens huge in sports. The Colts are "our" team that "we" support. How many players are born and bread Hoosiers? How many were raised here? How many have their permanent homes here?

Yet, for some silly reason the Colts are "our" team that "we" support... why?:dunno:

Same goes for EVERY team of every sport across the world.

Not hypocrisy exactly, but something close.

Regards,

Doug

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To me collective or generational guilt is only relevant when an individual chooses to continue in the path. If I continue robbing and murdering because that is what my family or nation has done previously, I would argue it is entirely fair to enact justice for the entire on that individual since he has given hearty agreement to the actions of the past. Likewise for a positive, to use the idea of whether "we" won WWII. I was born 'round the fall of the Berlin Wall so I certainly had no part in World War anything, but if I continue to act on the ideals of freedom and the destruction of tyranny I have no issue being identified as a continuation of that act rolling forward through time, as it were.
    In that sense I agree. I am a proud citizen of my country. I can’t take credit for its victories over tyranny where I took no part, but I can feel proud when I support the causes, as part of the “we”, in that it was my country’s achievement. How that would look from the other side of things, I can be ashamed of the “we” when my country has done wrong, without accepting guilt or blame for something that I did not participate in, support, or condone.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How's that old saying go?

"Who's this "we"? You got a mouse in your pocket?"

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    This "we" stuff is pretty lame.

This happens huge in sports. The Colts are "our" team that "we" support. How many players are born and bread Hoosiers? How many were raised here? How many have their permanent homes here?

Yet, for some silly reason the Colts are "our" team that "we" support... why?:dunno:

Same goes for EVERY team of every sport across the world.

Not hypocrisy exactly, but something close.

Regards,

Doug
    So true. Seinfeld said it so much better than I ever could:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=we-L7w1K5Zo

https://vimeo.com/47283296

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom