• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    "And the war didn't start in February last year, it started in 2014."
    Maiden started the war, back then it was a proxy war(Russia was fighting a proxy war after the revolution,no one really questions that. The USA was as well overthrowing an elected government.).

The treaties Putin sent asked three things. No expansion of NATO. Removal of missile systems(the NATO infrastructure he mentions). The third was second class NATO declared for nations in the baltic,which he outlined as not being allowed to house nuclear capabilities.

So because NATO didn't acquiesce to these demands, it means that Ukraine, which is not a NATO member and has no say in NATO's decisions, provoked a war with Russia? I'm not sure how that adds up.

Or, if you're saying that Ukraine is a puppet state controlled by NATO, so Putin invading Ukraine really is his way of going to war with NATO, I guess there may be some small degree of truth to that. But Putin was still the one who launched things into an open, full-scale war, and he did so without any actual military action taking place against Russia on the part of either NATO or the Ukraine.

To say that the war started in 2014 is simply not true. Yes, there were shady dealings going on, and rebellion/infighting being instigated and supported within Ukraine, by both sides, and all of that was part of the root causes leading up to the war. But before Putin launched his invasion in February 2022, neither side had taken actual, military action against the other.
    Kind of what we demanded of oh...Cuba
    Yes, that was a fairly similar situation. Thankfully, though, we never launched an open, full-scale invasion of Cuba. Putin, however, has done just that to Ukraine.
    and had the Vietnam war and Korean war over.
    Completely different. We were fighting alongside the Vietnam and Korean people against communist oppressors. There was never any doubt that the vast majority of Koreans were 100% on our side, and opposed to the communist takeover. By the time the Vietnam war happened, the communist propaganda machine here in the USA had got spun up, so they were able to cloud public opinion a lot more, but if you dig past their lies you'll see that it was very much the same story regarding the actual people of Vietnam. We were never attempting to annex or subjugate either Korea or Vietnam, and had the support of the vast majority of their populations in helping fight off a communist takeover. Completely the opposite of what Putin is doing to Ukraine.
    Actual proposed treaty(link found on brookings.edu)

Honestly at this point does why it started even matter? I mean we have caused ourselves and our allies quite a bit of damage. How do we mitigate that damage,can we?
    Can this end in anything other than WW3? At this point it does seem to be winding down,with focus being moved to China and the support of our allies ending(Poland,England,and others).
    Well, I will have to turn that question back to you; do you think who started it mattered? You seem to be going to great lengths to try to prove that NATO somehow started the whole thing, but if it doesn't matter, I'm not sure why you keep posting these articles.
    Did we gain anything from this entire mess as a country?
    Of course we didn't gain anything. When a totalitarian, communist regime launches a full-scale invasion of their neighboring country, I really doubt anybody is going to gain anything.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    We need to Stay out of this conflict completely.
    If Russia takes all of Europe it's on Europe. It's time they spend some money on their own defenses.

We need to focus on furthering LGBTQ+ agenda, and disarming Americans, along with supplying free housing, food, and medical care to the 30 million, and counting illegal immigrants.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    So because NATO didn't acquiesce to these demands, it means that Ukraine, which is not a NATO member and has no say in NATO's decisions, provoked a war with Russia? I'm not sure how that adds up.
    Did reality break? You just saw the speech of the head of NATO. Who point blank says NATO caused it. And in 2014,he could have said the USA overthrew the Ukrainian government with Victoria Nuland and you will still call it unprovoked. Even if he mentioned the death of 14k civilians at the hands of the newly appointed government,unprovoked. Got it. We have the phone call(Nuland's f the EU one,where we literally decided who would be president when the dust settled and who would not(f the eu if they do not like it). Oh,and the two we(CIA and Nuland) choose not to lead,yea they were found dead behind the Rada. Guess who lead?That is the reality.

Or, if you're saying that Ukraine is a puppet state controlled by NATO(actually their own propaganda minister said that last week"the orders came from high up and I am not talking about Kiev,but New York")

But before Putin launched his invasion in February 2022, neither side had taken actual, military action against the other. How many died. How many members of the Rada where executed or disappeared? 14k civilians dead=no military action against the other.

Yes, that was a fairly similar situation. Thankfully, though, we never launched an open, full-scale invasion of Cuba.(why? maybe because they withdrew the nukes?)

We were never attempting to annex or subjugate either Korea or Vietnam, and had the support of the vast majority of their populations in helping fight off a communist takeover. Completely the opposite of what Putin is doing to Ukraine.(they did hold a vote with UN observers...not that we recognize it like we did when dividing up Yugoslavia,without observers or a real vote). How is our annex of Northern Syria going?

Well, I will have to turn that question back to you; do you think who started it mattered? You seem to be going to great lengths to try to prove that NATO(the HEAD OF NATO says it. You know some facts he does not?) somehow started the whole thing, but if it doesn't matter, I'm not sure why you keep posting these articles.(sorry to cause you some cognitive dissonance)

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Did reality break? You just saw the speech of the head of NATO. Who point blank says NATO caused it.
    No, he did not say that NATO caused the war. He said that Russia attacked Ukraine because NATO wouldn't acquiesce to Putin's demands; which is the same thing I've been saying all along.

If NATO not accepting Russian demands equates to NATO causing the war, then I guess every country in history that ever refused to surrender to a hostile power's demands is responsible for "provoking" that hostile power?

And in 2014,he could have said the USA overthrew the Ukrainian government with Victoria Nuland and you will still call it unprovoked. Even if he mentioned the death of 14k civilians at the hands of the newly appointed government,unprovoked. Got it. We have the phone call(Nuland's f the EU one,where we literally decided who would be president when the dust settled and who would not(f the eu if they do not like it). That is the reality.

(actually their own propaganda minister said that last week"the orders came from high up and I am not talking about Kiev,but New York")

How many died. How many members of the Rada where executed or disappeared? 14k civilians dead=no military action against the other.
    None of what you listed constitutes military action, and certainly not war, against Russia. Unless you're saying that somewhere along the line Ukraine and/or NATO deliberately targeted Russian civilians, in which case that would change my perspective, and I would appreciate more details on when that happened, as I have not heard of it.

Meddling in Ukraine's elections was bad for NATO/USA to do. Stirring the pot in Ukraine and instigating rebellion and infighting was also bad, but Russia shares quite a bit of blame for that as well, and from my understanding that's where the vast majority of civilian deaths were caused.

As I've said previously, Russia may well have legitimate complaints about everything that was going on, but none of it constituted military action against Russia, and none of it justifies a full-scale invasion of their neighbor.

How is our annex of Northern Syria going?
    What the USA is doing to Syria may well be wrong, too; I admit that I don't know much about it. But that being wrong wouldn't somehow make what Putin is doing to Ukraine right.

the HEAD OF NATO says it. You know some facts he does not?
    No, I just went back and re-watched the video, and he does not say that NATO started the war, merely that Russia started the war because NATO wouldn't agree to their demands.

(sorry to cause you some cognitive dissonance)
    Don't worry, you haven't. But maybe you could actually answer my question; if you don't think it matters who started the war, then why bother debating over it?

For me, I think it matters, because if NATO started the war, then I could much more comfortably say that there's no reason for the USA to support Ukraine. But if Russia started the war without justification, then it follows that Russia, under the current regime, may well launch more unjustified invasions of other countries. And if that is the case, then sending a clear message that we don't care to help out countries who fall victim to such aggression, seems to be poor strategy for long-term peace, to me.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Earlier today. 10/11/2023
    US backed of course.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Well that went from funny to just sad, in an instant

My country is a joke.
    Not just ours.
    Yesterday as well.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Biden's national security council spokesman John Kirby bluntly admitted that funding for Ukraine is "coming near the end of the rope" and is "not going to be indefinite.

On to the next war. What was accomplished, that was a benefit to the USA or a single one of our allies?

Over on X more than 6 million have already switch from flying the Ukrainian flag.

Ukraine is no longer "the current thing"

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

How well have US sanctions ever worked(and against an ally,that just happens to disagree with us on Ukraine)?

Three days later.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

In a recent development, Russian President Vladimir Putin has expressed a positive outlook on the West's stance towards the Ukraine conflict.

Interestingly, Putin's recent statements mark a departure from his usual rhetoric. He has often been critical of the West's involvement in Ukraine, but this time he seems to be acknowledging a change in the Western stance.

According to Putin, he has observed a reluctance among Western politicians to demand a strategic defeat for Russia in the ongoing conflict. This, he believes, is a positive development that could pave the way for constructive dialogue.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Biden's national security council spokesman John Kirby bluntly admitted that funding for Ukraine is "coming near the end of the rope" and is "not going to be indefinite.

On to the next war. What was accomplished, that was a benefit to the USA or a single one of our allies?

Over on X more than 6 million have already switch from flying the Ukrainian flag.

Ukraine is no longer "the current thing"

Following on the heels of the US Embassy in Beirut urging all American citizens out of Lebanon on Thursday, the US State Department has issued a "worldwide caution alert" for all US national traveling abroad, related to the war in Gaza.

The new alert cites the "potential for terrorist attacks, demonstrations or violent actions against U.S. citizens and interests," and calls on Americans overseas to exercise increased caution.

just need 100+ billion more and we can do it(no one is sure of what it is though)!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom