• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Just ran across this. Real, or more propaganda?

“A Russian ship caught fire after it was struck in the Black Sea and was forced to return to port, a Ukrainian official claimed on Friday.”

Serhiy Bratchuk, a spokesman for the Kyiv-backed Odesa Regional Military Administration, told news outlets that “as a result of the actions of our military sailors, the logistics ship Vsevolod Bobrov, one of the newest in the Russian fleet, [caught fire]. They say that it is [being towed] to Sevastopol.”

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Mosins. Steel pots.

And $25 Baofeng radios. :):

Click for video:

I noticed those Baofeng radios in several pictures.

I would be curious to know how they use them.
    Sure they are cheap but they work well, that's what most civilian forces would use if they had to fight a foreign invasion (a lot of prepper dudes have those).

Now since they are using non-encrypted, non military-grade, open channels the enemy car hear what they are saying if they use plain Russian to communicate with each other.

It can be used to spread misinformation knowing the enemy is listening.
    Talking about troops who are not there etc ...
    They can also talk directly to Ukrainian forces (I assume a lot of them also use those same radios) to lower their morale.

They can use coded messages to communicate secretly even though the communication itself is not encrypted.

It's a cheap tool but it all depends how you use it.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    If true can you imagine if they had the digital system. Vid claims to be footage in Ukraine. We did not provide the digital targeting system fearing the Russians could capture one.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Stop threatening/attacking surrounding countries and maybe there wouldn't be such a push for them to want to join NATO. NATO is not a threat to attack Russia. NATO is a defensive alliance. Ukraine wasn't a threat to attack Russia. Ukraine is fighting back because they were attacked by Russia and not the other way around. Stop trying to turn back the clock to reclaim historic Russian territory that you believe still belongs to Russia with your land grab campaign and maybe things would simmer down. YOU are the aggressor.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Russia seemed to be tolerant of Ukraine sovereign boundaries as they were for many years before Putin went and got all misty eyed and waxed nostalgic for the old ways and decided to do something about it.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Rand Paul had to do it single handed. The man America needed in 2016 and 2020 to stop all the spending and wasting $$$. About the only one in DC that gets it....that debt is going to collapse us. But alas....most want presidents that look and sound a certain way to tickle our ears......and then shocked when they blow Trillions of $$$$ on the credit card. Sadly Paul can't do it alone and I'm sure the democrats will get it pushed through. The good thing is most of that $$$ going to Ukraine will make its way back to US politicians bank accounts. The Big Guy gets his cut first though.
    Actually, Rand could do it alone. He used a quirk of senate procedures that would have allowed the measure to proceed without debate only if it was supported unanimously, so his one dissenting vote delayed the process. He would need at least one democratic vote and no RINO defections in order to derail it permanently

I would mention he would not have that power if he was president, so still not buying the whole 'the man we needed in 2016 and 2020 canard' YMMV

Both Ron and he own a lot of gold, though, and want to put us back on the gold standard. I'm sure personal profit potential has nothing to do with that

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I would assume this is a separate type group not regular Army. I doubt the Russians have any steel pots and M91‘s for issue.

Think about if the U.S. issued M1’s and steel pots?

I think the worse we could do is M16’A2 and M60’s with old Kevlar helmets and PRC77’s.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I would assume this is a separate type group not regular Army. I doubt the Russians have any steel pots and M91‘s for issue.

Think about if the U.S. issued M1’s and steel pots?

I think the worse we could do is M16’A2 and M60’s with old Kevlar helmets and PRC77’s.
    Russian/Eastern Bloc doctine is a bit different as far as old stuff, they hold onto old stuff far far longer then the west does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom