Columbus, OH

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Neither. I was complaining about the government of Ukraine making teaching or printing anything in a language other than Ukrainian illegal. Around 38% of Ukrainians do not even speak or read it. This happened in 2017,but is ongoing.

Even our ambassador to Ukraine in 2023 said " This is an issue that merits our attention. And it has it. In any society, laws affecting language and education have a profound impact on affected communities – and on their dignity. We recognize this...."

He was speaking only about the Hungarian language, but it is the same law that impacts those who speak Russian or Polish.

I wouldn't mind that happening here with English. Just sayin'.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

So, this is supposedly 'The Ghost of Bakhmut', sniper with 113 claimed kills

View attachment 302807

Does anyone else find his choice of kit a bit ... odd? Another 'Ghost of Kiev'?
    They lie about everything, why would this be different?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I was thinking more about:
    Low power optic
    Carbine length barrel
    Weapon light
    Forward vertical grip

Short barrel seems an odd choice for a sniper. It's hard to imagine why he would want a weapon light also. The low power optic might be perfectly useable but not the choice I would make considering they are awash in top of the line equipment. The vertical grip also seems odd for a rifle one would expect to be fired from rest more often than not

And finally, something about the fit of that mag in the mag well seems wonky

The whole package doesn't exactly shout 'deadly sniper'

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

(Reuters) - Activity in Russian manufacturing grew at its fastest pace in more than six years in September, a survey showed on Monday, while employment in the sector rose at its quickest rate in over two decades.

"A greater inflow of new work led firms to expand production capacity in September," S&P Global said. "Buoyed by stronger expectations of increased output over the next year, manufacturers registered the sharpest rate of job creation since November 2000."

Both caused by sanctions and restricting them from SWIFT.
    I pointed it out the day it happened that children were running DC,and it would lead to the fall of the dollar(speed it up).

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Low power optic
    Carbine length barrel
    Weapon light
    Forward vertical grip

Short barrel seems an odd choice for a sniper. It's hard to imagine why he would want a weapon light also. The low power optic might be perfectly useable but not the choice I would make considering they are awash in top of the line equipment. The vertical grip also seems odd for a rifle one would expect to be fired from rest more often than not

I was wondering about all that too. I did a double-take on the mag/magwell, looks like the carbine is .308 with a 5.56 mag.

Maybe he likes sniping up-close.

Plus the Apple watch doesn't seem like a good choice.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Low power optic
    Carbine length barrel
    Weapon light
    Forward vertical grip

I suppose they COULD be showing him with his pdw as opposedm to his "sniper" rifle? Who knows.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Low power optic
    Carbine length barrel
    Weapon light
    Forward vertical grip

LOL the mag is photoshopped, doesn’t remotely line up, has fuzzy corners, AND they forgot to add a shadow.
    It’s all horse ****.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

(Reuters) - Activity in Russian manufacturing grew at its fastest pace in more than six years in September, a survey showed on Monday, while employment in the sector rose at its quickest rate in over two decades.

"A greater inflow of new work led firms to expand production capacity in September," S&P Global said. "Buoyed by stronger expectations of increased output over the next year, manufacturers registered the sharpest rate of job creation since November 2000."

Both caused by sanctions and restricting them from SWIFT.
    I pointed it the day it happened that children were running DC,and it would lead to the fall of the dollar(speed it up).
    Whaaaa? You mean a massive, resource rich country continued doing business instead of shrugging and closing everything down because another country got pissy?

The sanctions are probably going to be a bigger foreign policy mistake in the long term than supporting the war. All we've done is drive China and Russia together to build a parallel system and replace the dollar. Nothing destroys faith in a currency like playing political favorites with the people using it.

Dollars are just paper, Russia deals in oil, gold, and tangibles. Oil doesn't have serial numbers and there is no international DMV putting license plates on barrels of it. You can't sanction oil away, there's always someone who needs it and will trade something of value for it.

And when we're printing a trillion dollars a quarter just to maintain present services, Americans are going to feel it when that money stops being worth anything. Half the population of the planet lives in countries that will discontinue most of their dollar trading in the next decade.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

I wonder how many are getting a sum of tax payers money in a off shore account from these deals? Democrats and Republicans.
    FTX laundered their scam revenue through Ukraine and funneled it back to Democrats in the US. Really not a leap to assume the same is happening with a far greater sum of unaccountable war spending.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

I wonder how many are getting a sum of tax payers money in a off shore account from these deals? Democrats and Republicans.

Want the US border secure? Give to Ukraine.

sigh.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Dems are going to bring up a separate Ukraine funding bill. Rumor is McConnell wants them to add border control funding so he can sell it to his dupes caucus and get it passed because he thinks his 10% Ukraine funding is the most important concern for gov't right now

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Already as of last Friday, the Pentagon had informed Congress that it has "exhausted nearly all available security assistance funding for Ukraine" - including air defense weaponry and ammunition, leaving Ukraine more vulnerable as the Russian onslaught continues. Pentagon estimates indicate there are "months left" in its available supply of weapons for Kiev.

Hj4RqW.gif

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "The average age of the soldiers at the front is over 40. I understand President Zelensky’s desire to preserve the young for the future, but… just as Britain did in 1939 and 1941, perhaps it is time to reassess the scale of Ukraine’s mobilization," Wallace wrote

He said this is a major issue that still remains and must be corrected, yet still "slowly but surely" Ukraine's forces have been "adapting tactics, absorbing lessons, and making the best of the equipment we have all gifted them." Wallace argues that Zelensky must mobilize at a faster rate and in greater numbers if it wants to keep up with Russia.

But despite the elderly front lines, Wallace still argues that more advanced weapons, including long-range missiles, must be pumped into the conflict:

Putin is desperately grasping at the final two things that can save him – time and the splitting of the international community. Britain can do something about both. We must help Ukraine maintain its momentum – and that will require more munitions, ATACMSs and Storm Shadows. And the best way to keep the international community together is the demonstration of success.

Wonder what happened to the younger ones?
    The West"we will fight to the last Ukrainian"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom