• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Pure? No, who is telling you this?

If you are referencing the Slovenia Summit or the Texas meeting, nothing of that sort was said.
    Yeah yeah yeah, I know. I'm overstating it a bit. Either way Bush's "sense" of Putin's soul turns out not so accurate. And I guess I don't fault Bush for being inaccurate as much as presuming his own judgement of character was faultless enough to publicly proclaim it.

But Obama's judgement of Putin has been orders of magnitude worse. I would trust Bush much more than Obama to handle the situation now.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    "We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some sunny day." - Vera Lynn

Ukraine just demonstrates why disarmament is never the answer. I bet if they still had their nukes Russia would have at least paused longer before annexing Crimea.

I still don't think America should get involved with foreign non-American interests. We've just lost several thousands of troops and thousands of billions of dollars fighting two wars, must we always be at war to be secure? Must we always intervene in the affairs of other nations? Shall we forever subsidize the military-industrial complex by spoon-feeding it more conflict? If Russia's such a threat, why not pre-emptively destroy their nuclear installations along with their 'Dead-Hand' doomsday device? I mean, if they're really that much of a threat, we should make them cease being a threat, right? If we are to be at war, then let's make it the last war. Or let's keep doing as we've been doing and have at least one war every 20 to 30 years until the entire rest of the world gets sick of it and at long last declares us the threat, gangs up on us, and chaos and hell follows with it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nothing of the sort? Did he not say he looked in his eyes and saw his soul?

[video=youtube_share;cx49KA_IW-Y]http://youtu.be/cx49KA_IW-Y[/video]
    I think the objection was that I said he declared Putin pure, which I admitted I was just mocking Bush.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yeah, and we're getting rid of the A-10 - the pre-eminent tank-busting weapon in our arsenal for combating a Russian blitzkrieg across Europe. JDAMS? Have to have air superiority to make them effective - and we won't have it against the soviets - er, Russians.

Im seriously saddened emotional about the loss of the A-10 besides completely disagreeing w the decision to bench it. That her was simply amazing and reliable. And as you said, it's the perfect match for the worlds largest tank division. Though I highly doubt it comes to that as a direct confrontation with the soon to be formed Soviet Union 2 is playing with atomic fire. Even if we felt confident enough to engage in a conventional war w Putin, we can't afford it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yeah, and we're getting rid of the A-10 - the pre-eminent tank-busting weapon in our arsenal for combating a Russian blitzkrieg across Europe. JDAMS? Have to have air superiority to make them effective - and we won't have it against the soviets - er, Russians.

Please expand on the JDAM comment.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Im seriously saddened emotional about the loss of the A-10 besides completely disagreeing w the decision to bench it. That her was simply amazing and reliable. And as you said, it's the perfect match for the worlds largest tank division. Though I highly doubt it comes to that as a direct confrontation with the soon to be formed Soviet Union 2 is playing with atomic fire. Even if we felt confident enough to engage in a conventional war w Putin, we can't afford it.

Neither can they. But I'm with you guys on the A10. Back in the day I worked on supporting manufacture for one of the engine components. It's one of my favorite planes.

Brassman65

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    anderson
    Fascists and communists, Russian agression, spetsnaz, Annexing, Missing commercial airliner; its almost to much

Has anyone heard from Calumet Colorado?

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If you plan on using JDAMs against tanks or hard targets, you have to first establish air superiority. If our F22s can't match up w the Russian fighters, then they will knock our bombers out of the sky before we can drop any JDAMs.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If you plan on using JDAMs against tanks or hard targets, you have to first establish air superiority. If our F22s can't match up w the Russian fighters, then they will knock our bombers out of the sky before we can drop any JDAMs.
    That would apply to any air-to-ground platform, including the A-10. Packages with air-to-air, air-to-ground, CAS, ISR, EW and SEADS? Big Blue does still do that.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Putin doesn't want an actual war with the west any more than the west does. He is a skilled poker player, and knows he's on the big stack of chips here. his best case scenario is we keep making bluffs that we arent willing to make good on when and if he decides to call them.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Thinking ahead, how much land will he seize? He already has Crimea. I think the eastern portion of Ukraine will eventually go with it. Will he set his eyes on Estonia? Perhaps he will finish old business in Georgia. He's got a few good decades of power left if he doesn't get booted out or dies. Plenty of time to reform the Soviet Union.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thinking ahead, how much land will he seize? He already has Crimea. I think the eastern portion of Ukraine will eventually go with it. Will he set his eyes on Estonia? Perhaps he will finish old business in Georgia. He's got a few good decades of power left if he doesn't get booted out or dies. Plenty of time to reform the Soviet Union.
    I think he'll take whatever he can while the pussies are in charge of the power nations in NATO.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Russians? Russians? Oh come now fellas.. the 80's want their foreign policy back now... duh.... not sure what is wrong with you guys.

Top Bottom