• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Didnt get the plate, they pulled out too fast. I didnt make an official report either, maybe I should have. I did call a few niehbors and told them to keep an eye out.

I have a gate at the front of the drive. Its always open though. Im thinking I might need to start keeping it closed, its a pain in the a** though getting in and out of the vehicle all the time....

think about a Lazy Gate,,,,, google them and check it out, a little pricy but you dont need to get out of the car... it is an automic gate..

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    If they were driving around slowly and checking the place out in a suspicious manner as you implied, they were probably not there because they were lost. You did everything right, except getting up when you first saw them and putting a fully loaded magazine into your weapon and being prepared for any contingency. I would not have cared if they were red, yellow, black, brown or white, they had no business in being on your property. Chances are, they were up to something. I do not know anyting about you personally, but what if they had found only your wife and young children at home? I would bet money that they would have acted very differently to a challenge from an unarmed woman. Regardless of how the bammer, his idiot attorney general and the mentally challenged secretary of homeland security feel about defending one's property and wll-being, I would not hesitate to adequately arm myself to the point where I would feel prepared to handle similar situations. Like they keep saying, "It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6." Just my two cents.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I have 2 driveways and Buzzers on both of them. I don't remember what they are called but have had them for almost 2 years. A double buzz on the back driveway and single buzz on the front. When a vehicle or something walks/drives in front of the motion sensor the buzzer in the house goes off. Only bad thing is when the wife is in the flower bed, they are very annoying.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Keith Indy - EXACTLY! Read Gavin DeBecker's book "The Gift of Fear"
    to fine-tune those instincts.

Read that a while ago. Need to find it and read it again.

Our neighbors have called the cops on several people who were sitting in our driveway, including our landscape guy, my father-in-law, and I think my brother-in-law. If things seem the least bit hinky they call.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I hate to be the voice of dissent here, but white people commit plenty of crimes, too.

That is abit racist to say, or is it honest?
    Either way you are entirely correct, White people are by no means even close to being Angels.

I will say this though, America is a majority White country, which strangely enough as more minorities in prision/jail.

So yes, Whites, obviously commit crimes, no shame in being honest brother. But keep in mind that being honest also means acknowledging other aspects of the same truth.

Did not intent to insult anyone. Just described what I saw the best I could. Im the first to admit I am not always the most politcally correct person. I in no way ment to say that because they were a certin race that they were up to no good.

I apolegize if I offended anyone.

You did nothing wrong. Politically Correctness kills. Alot of the time the PC flag is thrown up as a political or debate blocker, to make one side appear immoral.

A good example might be the recent AZ immigration law, it's the Federal law, just being enforced to my knowledge, yet it's being hailed as racist or some PC junkterm.

Personally, I applaud your actions, but more importantly, and usually at the disdain of those against Gun ownership, your side arm.

Think about what could've been had you not had your peice visiable. Perhaps I would've have read about you in the local papers.

I wasn't referring to you.

I was referring to the fairly obvious (to me) racism in other's posts.

I don't like racism. I'm white, male, and middle class. I am "The Man", and I still don't like it.

It's fine - this is (still) America, and you're still entitled to be racist if you like. Just as I'm entitled to not like it, and say so.

Brother, this stood out to me. You are White, a Male and Middle Class and you dont like it?

WHY???

I've only ever heard about people like you, but never thought I'd actually get the priviledge/pleasure and honor to actually talk to those like you.

Im just curious why you dont like yourself.

Read that a while ago. Need to find it and read it again.

Our neighbors have called the cops on several people who were sitting in our driveway, including our landscape guy, my father-in-law, and I think my brother-in-law. If things seem the least bit hinky they call.

You have great neighbors, mine... Living in Inner city Indianapolis, is very dangerous. Damn near a war zone. My neighbors are just as likely to rob me than warn me.

Afew years ago, a man broke into a home 2 houses away, the Dog a Rottweiler didnt detour the criminal, but the Shotgun the owner had made sure the criminal would not consider persuing his criminal activities.

Top Bottom