• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I've seen several posts today, everything from the GOV buying up ammo or slowing resellers down, to various facebook posts of people trying to order ammo and suppliers are delaying everything 7-10 days...

Anyone else notice anything today?

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have heard that the demand on both guns and ammo will rise again as the presidential elections are coming up and there is still the fear that Obama will put in place gun restrictions. I have started to see an increase in the price of ammo lately and the leadtime for special order guns is increasing.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I noticed today, the site where I get my ammo (usaammo.com) has raised the price from 9.96 to 15.54 on 9mm ammo, and is currently out of stock, yet the prices on their other ammo have stayed the same

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I just checked Wideners, and I don't see any changes there yet. I guess I will get a component order in real soon so I don't have to deal with it.:D

Same boat. I wanted to push it out and get a big order together with a bunch of people and friends from work sometime around july to hold me through this next election cycle...may need to be sooner.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I received my new AR15 upper and 1000 rds of wolf .223 yesterday from AIMsurplus in their typical lightening fast time. Ordered it Late Friday night, got here in 4 actual days. Since the first business day that they would have received the order would have been Monday that is almost overnight in my book.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    We use to sell PMC 1000 round case for $279.00 on sale and regular price of $299.00. I am now buying it, on allocation from all distributors by the way, for more than what we were selling it for a month ago. Our new price for PMC 1000 round cases is $329.00 and I expect that to go up in the next few weeks. We are still getting Federal 9mm at a decent deal, selling it for $10.95 a box or $209.00 a case. But unsure how long that will last as they price is going up as well.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    ...must buy more ammo!

That is the thinking that is leading to this mess. People are getting into the OH NO OBAMA IS GOING TO BE RE-ELECTED, hysteria and they are making a run on ammo, driving down supply, driving up demand along with the prices.

Everyone, remain calm, it will all be OK.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is the thinking that is leading to this mess. People are getting into the OH NO OBAMA IS GOING TO BE RE-ELECTED, hysteria and they are making a run on ammo, driving down supply, driving up demand along with the prices.

Everyone, remain calm, it will all be OK.

Marking this post for reference in December....OK
    You are right. I see it around me with my friends. Just remember, no more than (2) rounds per body. Conserve by shooting better.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I went into Rural King on Monday to buy some bulk .22's. They had none on the shelves. I have been so focused on reloading, I did not realize I was that low. Some shops are buying whatever they can get their hands on.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    That's odd...I was at my local RK and they had ammo coming out their ears, including all the 22 rimfire you could shake a stick at. They even had a large aisle display with a couple hundred boxes of last year's rifle ammunition, in cartridges you can't even deer hunt with in Indiana, like 308 and 270. I thought it was a little odd, but this particular RK seems to keep a lot of ammo in stock.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    That's odd...I was at my local RK and they had ammo coming out their ears, including all the 22 rimfire you could shake a stick at. They even had a large aisle display with a couple hundred boxes of last year's rifle ammunition, in cartridges you can't even deer hunt with in Indiana, like 308 and 270. I thought it was a little odd, but this particular RK seems to keep a lot of ammo in stock.

I know right. They had plenty of pistol, rifle, and shotgun ammo.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I received my new AR15 upper and 1000 rds of wolf .223 yesterday from AIMsurplus in their typical lightening fast time. Ordered it Late Friday night, got here in 4 actual days. Since the first business day that they would have received the order would have been Monday that is almost overnight in my book.

I got 70lbs from Widener's last night. Took 9 days from order to my doorstep.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    If it is really happening, I kind of think it is a good thing. I know that it sucks for those of us that shoot quite a bit, and it makes components harder and more expensive to find for reloaders. But it means that some people are at least thinking about the future turning sour. Plus, that is just more stuff I can take off of the bodies when the SHTF:D

Top Bottom