• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I really like mine alot. Although I confess it did have to go back to Ruger for repairs when I first bought it. The barrel threads were not concentric to the bore. But since that was fixed the gun eats about anything and a lot of fun to shoot

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm really happy with mine. It's the threaded barrel model. I had to send it back initially for a magazine disconnect problem, but Ruger customer service was fantastic... had it back within 5 - 6 days, and it's been perfect since. No problems chewing up anything I run through it. It's a great warm-up gun before shooting the expensive stuff, a great way to affordably keep sharp on good shooting fundamentals IMO. Accuracy isn't too bad either. Not sure it's my favorite gun, but in many ways, it's the most fun gun I have.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I also have one and its a great little fun gun. Been teaching my girls with it and they also have been having a blast!! Usually use bulk .22 ammo (bought long before the current bull**** crisis) and I can't remember having any issues at all.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I like mine a lot. Very accurate and fun to shoot.
    One thing to remember, make sure the magazine is in all the way.
    It can appear to be in all the way, and it is not. Don't slam it in, just make sure you push it in until you hear the click.

bucncrazy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 12, 2013
    Plainfield
    I have been looking at sr22 also. i have heard alot of intial returns for repairs, then there great! so im thinking used sounds good!

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I got my SR 22 early on when they came out, and it's been a pleasure to shoot. The trigger isn't as crisp as I would like, but for plinking, having a good time, and as a tool for new shooters to try out, it's been excellent.

manley82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    +1 to the "next on my list" group... I want to start my wife into shooting and think this would be the right starter

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I really like mine alot. Although I confess it did have to go back to Ruger for repairs when I first bought it. The barrel threads were not concentric to the bore. But since that was fixed the gun eats about anything and a lot of fun to shoot

Same problem with mine but I got it back in less than a week, on their dime.. Great pistol and service.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Got one for my wife this Christmas...she loves it and now asks me if I want to go shooting! (duh!)

So far she's put about 200 rds without a problem.

T/C Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    North of South Bend
    Add me to the list of happy SR22 owners. I've had mine for over a year and have run dozens of boxes of assorted ammo through it with zero problems. Accuracy is acceptable, even for this old IHMSA shooter, and the gun is just plain fun to shoot .

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I got mine not long after they came out. My experience seems to be opposite from everyone else. It ate just about anything until around 500 rds. After that it had feed failures with about every mag. Upon close inspection I found a small crack in the barrel near the extractor channel. Ruger replaced the barrel and had it back to me within a week.

It ran much better after the barrel replacement but it's still not as ammo friendly as it was at first. I have probably 1200 rds through it since the barrel change. It'll run CCI mini-mags flawlessly. Federal bulk ammo is acceptable but it doesn't run as reliably as when it was new. Winchester bulk is completely unusable in my SR22.

Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    Glad to hear everyone likes there SR22's.... I just picked one up myself. I got the threaded barrel version, and cant wait to play with it... I smell a suppressor in my future.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I got one 6 months or so ago. Shot 1000 rounds through it over its first 3 days. My 8yo nephew LOVED it, even though I only put one round in at a time.
    I found it to be very accurate...

Top Bottom