• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    I have been looking now for a while and think I want to get a ruger single action 22. I'm thinking about a single 10, but I am open to the single 9, or 6. Anything I need to know about choosing one of these? Is one better than the other? Any info would be great. Thanks:D

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    For your first I would say definitly get a Singe 6 with both LR and WMR cylinders. I have heard good things about the Single 10 and the Single 9 and in fact just picked up a Single 9 a couple weeks ago. I have not shot it yet but wanted a WMR specifically.

Another nice thing is used Single 6s are not uncommon and typically good values.

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    For your first I would say definitly get a Singe 6 with both LR and WMR cylinders. I have heard good things about the Single 10 and the Single 9 and in fact just picked up a Single 9 a couple weeks ago. I have not shot it yet but wanted a WMR specifically.

Another nice thing is used Single 6s are not uncommon and typically good values.

I would love to pick up a nice used one, but on here if you don't see it in the first five minutes it is gone!

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville

Good post. Two calibers in one weapon means a greater chance of finding ammo to feed it with. These days that means alot.

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    Good post. Two calibers in one weapon means a greater chance of finding ammo to feed it with. These days that means alot.

Good point! My first revolver was the new model single six with both cylinders. It is nice to be able to shoot shorts, longs and lr too. My daughters loved shooting the wmr because they liked seeing the fire coming out of the barrel (indoor range.) lol. It is the best handgun for getting the kids started too.

JBTate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    S.E. Indiana

This is what I have. WMR packs a decent punch and LR is as cheap to shoot as it gets for those all day trips to the range. Loading is a little tricky until you get used to it, but the thing shoots so nice you'll fall in love your first trip out. And, they just look good too. :):

ELMO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I have an old model single six , a hunter model, and an old model bearcat revolver, all made by ruger. Ruger handguns in my opinion are very well made and they shoot great and I don't think you would be disappointed owning one....

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    All the above are right on. As noted a revolver allows the use of shorts, and longs as well as other widely varying OAL ammo. This can add much to the versatility of the gun.
    The blue S6s have an alloy grip frame and balance a bit differently than stainless models with their steel grip frames. You might wish to handle each before buying.
    It's not a big deal,but sometimes a small difference here can feel like a lot.

Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Ruger single six

Have a dual cylinder that I have carried either in my vehicle or on my belt since the mid 70's....it has served me well in dozens of hunting trips, back packing, white water rafting, camping, fishing trips and whatever. It was my "survival gun" when I was piloting and flying a lot in private aircraft. I have a lot of "high speed" handguns, but the ole Ruger has served me well.

Top Bottom