• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyrusvirus1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Quick review of a classic. My Security Six is a blued 4in .357 mag model that I found at my local gun shop for $350. The finish is in perfect shape and the gun looks to have not been fired or carried much at all. Also this was pre-warning label so the barrel does not have the infamous "billboard" on it. Rear sight is adjustable, standard sight picture with no color on either sight. It had the original factory grips on it, and while attractive they are an ergonomic nightmare. The factory grips are small and difficult to get a good firm grip needed for hotter 357 rounds. In fact, I found the gun to be nearly uncontrollable shooting double action with these grips. Needless to say after searching the net, I ordered some replacements. The trigger breaks surprisingly fast and smooth shooting double action and is light and crisp in single action. The accuracy of this gun is superb, I have hit 6" plates at 60 yards, and steel torso at 100 with surprising regularity. Recoil is very manageable with 357's after I found replacement grips, and 38's are a real pleasure. Bottom line is these revolvers are classics and at a price range usually around $350-$450 range, they are a fantastic value.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    I have a Ruger Speed Six .357 stainless that I love.Looks great and shoots even better. 2 3/4" barrel and no rear sights. My favorite hangun by far. Can not recommend it enough to you. :rockwoot:The entire Ruger "Six" series is a great line of wheelguns. You can't go wrong with any of them.

No, wait. It's a peice of junk that will blow your hand clean off if you fire it. Contact me ASAP and I will come and safely remove it from your premisis. ;)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I had a 2.5 inch snubbie I got from Kieslers back in the day. I used to carry it in my daypack when fishing Red River Gorge back in the early 90's.(Any of you that are familiar with the Gorge know why I always carry there). It was kind of neat because it was a trade in from.....The USDA!!! It even had their stamp on it. I had no idea the Department of Agriculture needed sidearms but apparently they did. I am a Smith guy generally but I think the Security and service Sixes were the most solid revolvers ever built.

Keep that one.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Would love to see a pic if you feel inclined :)

Thanks for the post. THis is a great gun. I love the older Rugers, Smiths, and Colts. They are just classic workhorse pistols that you should be able to hand down for a few generations.

Tony7141

Marksman
    Rating - 60%
    3   2   0
    May 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    I have a Ruger Speed Six .357 stainless that I love.Looks great and shoots even better. 2 3/4" barrel and no rear sights. My favorite hangun by far. Can not recommend it enough to you. :rockwoot:The entire Ruger "Six" series is a great line of wheelguns. You can't go wrong with any of them.

No, wait. It's a peice of junk that will blow your hand clean off if you fire it. Contact me ASAP and I will come and safely remove it from your premisis. ;)

My Dad had a speed six, it was the first handgun I ever shot, to bad he traded it away. I would love to find one!

Top Bottom