• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remnut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Went to the Richmond gunshow this past weekend and traded for a Ruger M77 in 35 Whelen with the tang safety. After searching the net for info on this rifle I have seen statements such as " Rare " and "Pricey". The gent that I got it from said it had only been fired twice. This rifle is superb in condition. Anyone know just how rare and/or how pricey this rifle is? I have a total of around $425 invested. Oh....and the rifle came with 38 rounds of ammo and a nice Uncle Mikes sling.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think that ANY Ruger M77 for $425 is a fantastic deal!

You could also search through GunsAmerica.com or Gunbroker.com to see if there are others for sale.

-J-

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Sounds like you got a great deal. I would think the "pricey" part would be offset or limited by the few people who would appreciate the round, i.e. you could sell it for a high price but it will take a while to find the right buyer. Shoot and enjoy.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Exactly. A M77 in .35 Whelen might be a rare, but it isn't in that much demand either.

I would have been tempted, but, really, I don't have a use for it, and .35 caliber bullets are too much $$$ for a plinker.

If .35W is your catridge though, you got a good deal.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Has anyone loaded the .35 Whelen with a ~.22-25 + sabot? That'd keep a little cost down, wouldn't it?

-J-

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I saw that rifle at the show....it made me stop and look. If they continue to keep making case length longer for deer hunting in Indiana you may be able to use that guy one day. Then you have a high demand rifle right there.

remnut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Thanks for all the input. I priced a few online, one for $875,one for $1000 and one more for $1150.

Top Bottom