• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    After a three month wait I am finally getting the first of three LCP's I have on order. Guess who the first one is going to? :D I want to pocket carry it and am asking what fellow LCP owners found to be good holsters for this gun; also the pocket or IWB carry? I would consider IWB if I could find a comfortable holster. Suggestions out there??????

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ...also the pocket or IWB carry? I would consider IWB if I could find a comfortable holster. Suggestions out there??????
    I think it depends totally on the cut of the pants you are wearing. If the pants have large easy to access pockets then pocket carry is easy, and deploying a gun from the pocket is also easy and fast. But if you wear LEVI's jeans frequently then pocket carry may not be the best answer for you, deploying a gun from the front pocket of a pair of traditionally cut blue jeans can be slow since the pocket openings are tighter cut than on other types of slacks. Deploying a gun from the back pocket of jeans is easy, but also requires a good pocket holster to hide the imprinting of the gun. JMO So, consider trying a couple different holsters, a good holster for front pocket may not be the same holster you choose for back pocket carry, if you want to carry in the rear pocket.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I carry a P3AT which is the same size in a pocket holster and can either carry in my pocket, or switch to a coat pocket, or drop it in my PC case. It seems to be a very versatile way to carry it.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I use the Uncle Mikes pocket holster #1 and am pretty satisfied with it. It does print a little in tighter fitting jeans etc. but works great for cargo shorts/pants.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I had past problems with Uncle Mikes

I use the Uncle Mikes pocket holster #1 and am pretty satisfied with it. It does print a little in tighter fitting jeans etc. but works great for cargo shorts/pants.

I have had several Uncle Mikes in the past and some of them seemed to release some sort of lint from the inside surfaces onto the guns making them dirty with a black material.Any one else see this happen tro them? :dunno:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I just checked mine since it is always with me and it did have a little lint but was light colored. I assume it came from the pants since I usually have khakis on.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    If you buy Levi's carpenter jeans, they are cut a lot looser. LCP would make a perfect pocket gun. I carry a Taurus .38 in my pocket every day. The nice thing about a pocket gun is that you can have your hand in your pocket, on your gun, and no one knows the difference.

I made a pocket holster based on this type of holster.

Untitled Document

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I now carry my new LCP is a Desantis Superfly pocket holster. I was looking for a Nemesis and couldn't find one locally. But, so far I like the Superfly.

I carry my Kahr PM9 in a Nemesis.

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    I originally bought a Desantis Superfly for my LCP. And there is no way that holster will fit into any of my pants pockets. I was very disappointed in the purchase. I ordered two of them actually one for myself and one for my dad. He also found the holster to big as well. I currently am using a Stoner Holsters front pocket holster, and am very pleased.

The holster was a bit tight at first but over a bit of time has loosened up. I can also use it for my KelTec .32.

My wife however can not fit the Stoner Holster into her pocket and is using a vanguard clip to cover the trigger. It doesn't help with printing, but dose effectively protect from ad/nd's.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I originally bought a Desantis Superfly for my LCP. And there is no way that holster will fit into any of my pants pockets. I was very disappointed in the purchase. I ordered two of them actually one for myself and one for my dad. He also found the holster to big as well. I currently am using a Stoner Holsters front pocket holster, and am very pleased.

The holster was a bit tight at first but over a bit of time has loosened up. I can also use it for my KelTec .32.

My wife however can not fit the Stoner Holster into her pocket and is using a vanguard clip to cover the trigger. It doesn't help with printing, but dose effectively protect from ad/nd's.

I took off the large square flap on the Superfly and it is much smaller. The large square is supposed to mask the outline of the pistol, but the LCP doesn't really show in my pocket even with the square flap removed from the Superfly. :twocents:

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    Bigum makes a good point, the Superfly is much more managebale with out the flap. I still prefer the stoner but I do like the material the Superfly is made from. (very sticky) And of course all threads are worthless w/o pics.

IMG_1100.jpg

XFCTR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus
    I use the Uncle Mikes #1 for my S&W model 60 and it works just fine. I mostly where pants that have fairly big pockets as it would print more in tighter pants. I have found this to be one of the most efective ways to carry as bending over may cause a flash of gun or print on tightened shirt tail that I and all of us don't want. I usually have my shirt or jacket hanging over my pocket to aid in cover of a possible print. For the first few months of this type of carry I was very self conscience and always pulling at my shirt tail. Thats too much of a sign of someone carrying so check yourself in the mirror to see how in looks in different clothes.

IMG00041.jpg

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I have a Kel Tec P3AT. This gun has the option of a belt clip built onto the gun frame. I carry it, almost exclusively IWB without a holster and t the clip is hidden by my belt. To me, a gun this small does not need a holster. YMMV

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i place another vote for the desantis nemesis . love the material it stays in place no matter what. i also put a kel tec pocket clip on mine just took alittle extra force and i use that for pocket carry also. i just make sure to not put anything else in the pocket so i don't have to worry about anything touching the trigger

Top Bottom