• ...and so much more!
  • Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I have owned a Ruger SR22 for quite some time. Yesterday, I bought a spare magazine and it came with two mag floor plates. The extra floor plate had just a little extension to it and it fit my hand much better than the stock plates. I called Ruger and within five minutes they agreed to send me two more of the extended plates for my original mags.

Oh, they also are shipping them to me for FREE.

This is great customer service.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    My experience has been similarly positive. Had a defective part on a Mark III pistol. Contacted Ruger and sent them a picture of the problem and they sent a replacement part out right away. That gun and my other Rugers have otherwise run very nicely.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have never had to call Ruger, but I can't think of one bad experience I have had with a firearms factory.
    Springfield and Armalite are probably the two best I've had, followed closely by the old Bushmaster (Windam ME).
    Knights Armament was the worst I have had, but even then they tried, 3 times in fact to make one of their AR's run. That was my first lesson in high end doesn't necessarily mean it's better, Kimber same way, never called Kimber, just had one of their 1911's not run.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My brother has a Single Six he got from a cousin, It was broken and dis-assembled. He wanted it repaired and re-blued. He called Ruger and made arrangements to send it in for the work. He received it back two weeks later. Fixed, re-blued, with new grips ( old ones in the box).....FREE
    After that I decided to buy Ruger's, I've only got one, a Blackhawk, but I wont be afraid to buy more.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Ruger has always been a Class Act. Too bad Bill was taken too soon.

Bill Ruger is actually the reason why some people resent Ruger to this day. He was way too supportive of restrictions on 2A rights leading up to the assault weapons ban. Fortunately, the company has been much better since he left.

Some of his unfortunate quotes:
    "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun."

"I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round mags or my folding stock."

"I see nothing wrong with waiting periods."

"Even a gun manufacturer thinks gun control is good."

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    RUGER screwed up an my dad got brand new p95 the last year they were produced. The gun would fail to extract 75 percent of the time. I called and the rep said I had to pay shipping on the gun that was broken from the start.

They wont get much more of my money. Springfield rebuilt my 20 year old 1911 for free and paid shipping. Springfield for life member here.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Glad to see mostly good comments. They currently have my 10/22 TD. Hopefully, they can figure out the wandering POI issue. They paid for the shipping. :D

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Ruger has always had the finest customer support in the industry. I have seen them repair/rebuild guns for people who tore them up just being stupid - and they never charge for it. The only thing to be aware of is if you send them a gun with ANY custom aftermarket parts it will be returned to with only new factory parts. They may or may not return your custom parts. In today's sue happy world I can't say I blame them one little bit.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'm another fan of Ruger's costumer service, particularly given that Ruger just says that they stand behind their products rather having a long piece of legaleze. I bought a 77/22 new at a gun show, and after shooting and then cleaning it the patches were coming out orange. Turns out there was pitting from rust in the barrel (take a bore light with you, when buying a new gun--especially at a gun show). When I called, I was told PLEASE send it back to get a new barrel. I had it back in about 10 working days and I think they might have refunded the cost of shipping too(this was about 20years ago so I'm not sure about that).

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've been happy with Ruger when it was something they could fix. When it's a design flaw...well, that's a different story. I wish I hadn't had to use their CS quite so often, though...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've got a couple of Blackhawks, an SP101, and a 10/22 that have all been flawless.
    I haven't had the need to call customer service, but these posts make me feel better about my purchases, and I didn't think that possible.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Glad to see mostly good comments. They currently have my 10/22 TD. Hopefully, they can figure out the wandering POI issue. They paid for the shipping. :D

Just talked to them. They were unable to repair it, and offered to replace it at no charge. :yesway: Since mine was a distributor exclusive, they would have to make a stock(wood) and
    would be 2-3 weeks before I get it back. I told her no problem, I was just
    relieved to know that it wasn't me, and that there was something wrong with the
    gun. Kicking myself for not calling sooner. ;)

Top Bottom