• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I have put 1500 rounds through my 10/22 in the past 2 weekends. I have no Idea how many total rounds are through it, but it has to be close to 10,000

My glock 19 has just under 500 rounds through it so far.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What do your firing schedules look like? Has that 110,000 rounds been over the course of a decade, or 6 months? ;)

The Sig is about 15 years old now, but when I first started I shot it exclusively for the first couple of years.

For about a 3 year period (back when ammo was cheap) I maintained about a 1000 pistol round a week schedule, with about 500 - 800 carbine, rifle, and shotgun rounds thrown in as well. Kids, cost, and my schedule have slowed that down a lot. Last year, I think I averaged more like 2000 pistol a month, and about 1000 carbine, with some big rifle, and shotgun thrown in just to keep it fun.

This year, too much time offshore has put a serious dent in my training time. I cry when I think about how much shooting I've missed :crying:

Tinman....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That round count is out of my income bracket!

My highest round count gun is a 9mm 1911 acquired in spring of 2004. As of 19OCT08, it had 19,804 rounds fired. Almost all of that was during matches, with some shot in classes and (although I hate to admit it), even a little practice at odd times.

I do have a 1911 .45 that had more then 200,000 rounds through it before I acquired it.

Last edited:

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    my glock 17 ,purchased in 86, has well over 80,00 rounds through it. had my father buy the gun for me when i was 16. shot everytime i could talk dad into taking me to the range. probaly put 4 or 5k rounds through it before joining the corps. didnt' start tracking till 92 when i got out and back home. quit tracking when i hit 75k. one parts replacement(factory upgrade in mid 90s) all those rounds, and i can honesly say it has never malfunctioned in my hands. I dont shoot it very often anymore, but that glock is the one gun that i will never get rid of.

Top Bottom