• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    Does anybody keep track of how many rounds they put through there weapons. I became anal when I bought my first weapon a Glock 22 3 years ago and know exactly every type of round I have and how many rounds through each weapon. I dont shoot as much as I like because of the $$ but I stock pile ammo when its cheap.

My highest round count is a Remington 597 .22lr with 1488 rounds through it.

My orginal Glock 22 has 796 rounds. The last two days I have been breaking in my new AR-15 9mm pistol and put 150 rounds through them this weekend. The 9mm will probably quickly take over my top round count i think.

What do you guys have in terms of round counts??

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Yep, I am the same. Don't know why, but I keep track of the number of rounds through my firearms with one exception. I lost the count on a Ruger 10/22 after it went over 10,000! Really bummed me out.

My highest round count is a 2000 SAR-1. I have just under 14,000 through it. It was so nice when ammo was "only" $70 a case! Couldn't afford to maintain that rate with ammo prices these days.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I think my Sig P226 had 1000 rounds put through it the first week I had it, and by the time I sold it three months later it was closer to 2000. My P250 (it replaced my 226) is getting close to there due to the couple of trainings and matches it's been to. The Mosquito usually gets a box or three of CCI Stingers put through whenever I take it to the range, so it's probably close to 2000 now, too. I need to get out to the range more often. It's been a month or two.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    My Glock 19, has about four million two hundred thousand rounds through it....

Actually I have no idea, I purchased it used. It looks like it's lived a long life inside a holster and has seen a lot of use.

I've put between 500 & 700 rounds through it since I got it.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    couldn't tell you and don't really care. if it breaks i fix it. if the barrel is shot out i replace it. my primary carry guns are lower round count (i train with duplicates). back in the day when i was training primarily for IPSC/USPSA competition, it wasn't really a big deal to go through 15 or 20k in a year. the only reason i know that is that was how many bullets i was given or purchased and didn't have many left at the end of the season.

if you schedule maintenance per rounds fired the by all means keep count. i don't think keeping that close track is a bad thing, i just don't find it necessary.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I know a guy who reloads and will tear the end off the case of primers and stick that in a drawer. One little piece of cardboard equals 1,000 primers. Of course, that is not a detailed list of what gun has what quantity through it. However, I would say that if you are in the reloading game, keeping track of how many goes through each gun is a lost cause and probably not that important. Is there any significant difference between 22,350 rounds versus 23,137 rounds?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a spreadsheet and I do keep track. Why, I don't know. Maybe it's so I can see how many rounds I can go without cleaning. I do keep track of number of rounds fired since the last malfunction for some guns.

I do not keep very detailed records on the type of ammo fired, although sometimes I record shot or slugs with shotguns.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I don't keep exact count, but approximates.
    Usually for the rimfires it's averaged by the bricks I've gone through.
    For my centerfires it's box by box.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    My Glock 22 came to me as a Police trade-in. The black on the slide was warn down to the tennifer coating in many spots. The barrel outside shows many rounds of wear. I\'m guessing many thousands before it got to me. I put about 4000 through it myself. So the short answer is no, but I do not care. :D

7mmRM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Celestine , IN
    Precision bolt rifles- I keep an approximate. Its helpful on big boomers to get a real indication of bbl life.

Blasters- I just keep blasting!

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't keep to the round numbers, but I do keep a general idea for maintenance purposes. If you don't you should so you are doing your regular PM on schedule. It's just like changing the oil in the car, if you aren't paying attention to it, don't be surprised if it seizes up on you.

I’ll just hit the big ones, one of my early AR’s is just a shade over 56,000 rounds, and I’ve got 2 1911’s that are just past 40,000 and 76,000 respectively. My very first gun, a Sig P226, has just a shade under 110,000. Of course I’m not sure you can really call any of those accurate, does it still count when you’re on your 3rd upper, and 2 barrel? How many parts do you have to replace before you reset the counter?

Tinman....

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Does anybody keep track of how many rounds they put through there weapons. I became anal when I bought my first weapon a Glock 22 3 years ago and know exactly every type of round I have and how many rounds through each weapon. I dont shoot as much as I like because of the $$ but I stock pile ammo when its cheap.

My highest round count is a Remington 597 .22lr with 1488 rounds through it.

My orginal Glock 22 has 796 rounds. The last two days I have been breaking in my new AR-15 9mm pistol and put 150 rounds through them this weekend. The 9mm will probably quickly take over my top round count i think.

What do you guys have in terms of round counts??

Yep. All of 'em.

No, I don't count how many shots I've shot through which gun. Sounds a little silly to me but to each their own. I buy guns generally to kill stuff with, but if I killed something with every bullet I recon every one I know would be fat as a pig. Any way I don't just stand out on the range and bang bang bang all day. My kids do but I don't keep track of the millions of rounds of 22's they have shot. Now all the money they shoot up, I feel that.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I don't keep to the round numbers, but I do keep a general idea for maintenance purposes. If you don't you should so you are doing your regular PM on schedule. It's just like changing the oil in the car, if you aren't paying attention to it, don't be surprised if it seizes up on you.

Yet another thing we agree on. I'm shocked, I tell you! :)

I keep a databook for my carbines and my main defensive pistols, for exactly the reasons stated above. Play guns not so much.

I’ll just hit the big ones, one of my early AR’s is just a shade over 56,000 rounds, and I’ve got 2 1911’s that are just past 40,000 and 76,000 respectively. My very first gun, a Sig P226, has just a shade under 110,000.

:bowdown:

What do your firing schedules look like? Has that 110,000 rounds been over the course of a decade, or 6 months? ;)

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I don't keep count. I just keep shooting.

Some folks rotate their underwear, it's just what they have to do. They can't help themselves.:dunno:

Top Bottom