• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nightsite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Warsaw
    Saw a nice Rossi Circuit Judge today at BIG R. Any opinions? I really like the look. are they accurate in both .410 and .45 long colt? and how far can you shoot with it accurately.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    My dad has one. I honestly havent gotten the chance to shoot it yet. It has good fit and finish and the action feels pretty smooth on it though.

Sorry I cant speak to the accuracy yet but I wouldnt feel bad buying one if not just to have a revolving rifle.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I talked to my dad and asked him a little about it. He seems to like it real well. its become his new "out in the sticks" gun.

I think he only has about 200rnds through it, But he says he can hit beer cans at about 50yrds.

peberly400

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Warsaw
    Big R is like an agricultural store. Sells farmer equipment, hunting , fishing, and sporting good stuff.

As for the OP's original question, there accuracy is that of a standard .410 shotgun. Since the barrel is a bit smaller, range is a little more gimped. You can shoot pretty accurate with a .410 slug out to about 65-75 yards. They are fairly neat guns, and work flawlessly

nightsite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Warsaw
    Yeah BIG R is mostly in northern indiana. I have been watching this gun for awhile. actually just found it at walmart for 450.00. i was wondering on accuracy cause i wanted to use it for deer hunting. thanks for the feed back

Blackout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Saw a nice Rossi Circuit Judge today at BIG R. Any opinions? I really like the look. are they accurate in both .410 and .45 long colt? and how far can you shoot with it accurately.

I have personally shot one of these. First off, they are LOUD!!!! Especially with the 410. With the .45, it has a interesting loud but yet muffled sound, hard to explain, just got to shoot it.

Second, they are very accurate but when we were shooting this amazing rifle, the stock started to come loose :eek: So we noticed a 3" varience in each shot when that happened. A quick tightening of an allen screw and we were back shooting nice quarter groups at 75 yards with 410. Cant remember the grouping of 45, sorry.

Lastly, these are beautiful weapons and super light. I would highly recommend one. Just check your allens, screws, and bolts from time to time. :) Hope this helps.

Blackout

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I considered one last year. Talked myself out of it and got an 870 instead. In my opinion they're too expensive for such a lack of versatility.

They do look fun though, and I would still love to shoot one.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I considered one last year. Talked myself out of it and got an 870 instead. In my opinion they're too expensive for such a lack of versatility. They do look fun though, and I would still love to shoot one.

:n00b:

Lack of versatility? Its a rifle and a shotgun and a revolver all in one package. How could it more veristile?

I guess if Rossi makes a version that has moon clips for .45acp then that would be the only way I could see to make it more versitile. But with the wide range of .410 and .45 Colt already available for anything from squirrels to deer. Id say itll do just about anything you can legally do in Indiana. :dunno:

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    :n00b:

Lack of versatility? Its a rifle and a shotgun and a revolver all in one package. How could it more veristile?

I guess if Rossi makes a version that has moon clips for .45acp then that would be the only way I could see to make it more versitile. But with the wide range of .410 and .45 Colt already available for anything from squirrels to deer. Id say itll do just about anything you can legally do in Indiana. :dunno:

I don't know of one thing a Circuit Judge can do that my 870 combo cannot. The .45 Colt, I feel, is trumped by the 12 gauge sabot slug. There are a lot of options with a 12ga, plus it was $100 cheaper. I agree, it would make a handy little gun though. To each his own...

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest

Canoe paddle?

You want versatility or you want performance? If the latter get a 20 gauge and a rifle in .44/.45.

IMHO it's a gimmick gun, and one put out by Taurus......which hasn't had the best of quality.

Not one serious deer hunter I know runs such a beast, and the .410 is pretty limited on upland game- a 20 gauge opens it up to more species.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Im not saying its a better choice for an all around gun than a good 12ga combo. But the one thing it can do that I see as an advantage would be to have a rifle and a shot shell loaded into the same gun at the same time without swapping barrels.

I too wish it was produced by a company with a better rep for reliability and fit and finish, but I think if it proves to be popular enough more companies will start producing them with better quality and in more calibers.

I think the revolving rifle is a unique and interesting platform and I hope it does become popular enough that we get to see just how far this platform can be taken.

Just my opinion though.

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    It is a very interesting platform.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Circuit Judge come with a screw in choke for rifle or shotgun configuration? If not, how would the performance be if you shoot a .45LC out of a smooth barrel (not rifled)? On the other hand, how would you rate the performance shooting shot out of a rifled barrel? I'm saying it's not as versatile as allowing you to alternate rounds and fire interchangeably....

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I believe the bbl is rifled and the choke is used when shooting shotshells to stop or reduce the spin effect of the rifling. TC had similar setup on their .410/.45 Contender bbls

Yes............staggering ammo is silly, unless you run it all the time with the choke or without, and who knows what that does for the odd shell's performance.

nightsite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Warsaw
    Ended up making the purchase, i am extremly happy with my purchase. had out for target shooting today and was extremly surprised at accuracy. at 50 yards..

Top Bottom