• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Now you are just making me feel worse because you are right. :)

He should have been the Wizard behind the curtain and let someone else be Oz.
    1269385664419_thumb.jpeg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Now you are just making me feel worse because you are right. :)

He should have been the Wizard behind the curtain and let someone else be Oz.

PS that link is a good read!
    Yeah it's an interesting site. It deals more with domestic issues like economic freedom and pro-growth and doesn't really delve into foreign policy matters.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Another sign of how bad things have become.

Sylvester Stalone's movie Cliffhanger came on and I didn't change the channel. I...........have become comfortably numb..................AKA indifferent.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    i see nothing wrong with that. they are literally killing him slowly. 200 pounds at 8 years old? thats rediculous.
    Maybe kids should be confiscated if their parents allow them to breathe any second-hand smoke. Or if they don't brush their teeth before bed. Or if they sit too close to the television. Government will solve everything.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Maybe kids should be confiscated if their parents allow them to breathe any second-hand smoke. Or if they don't brush their teeth before bed. Or if they sit too close to the television. Government will solve everything.

Or if there are guns in the home. Or if they don't go broke seeking unproven or insanely expensive medical treatment. Or if they choose God over environmentalism. Or if they live in a home without running water or electricity.

The list is endless. In all but the rarest of circumstances I think children should be treated as private property as far as the state is concerned.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    i see nothing wrong with that. they are literally killing him slowly. 200 pounds at 8 years old? thats rediculous.

OK, so what if the State, in their infinite wisdom, can't reduce the child's weight, either? Will they return him to his mother? Or bury him in an institution or hospital to cover up their inability - or just bury him quietly in a graveyard? Who tracks the results when the State removes a child from his parents?

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    OK, so what if the State, in their infinite wisdom, can't reduce the child's weight, either? Will they return him to his mother? Or bury him in an institution or hospital to cover up their inability - or just bury him quietly in a graveyard? Who tracks the results when the State removes a child from his parents?

What about if parents were starving their child? The only difference is they are killing them faster in that instance. Unless there is some medical condition causing the weight, and obesity doesnt count. The parents need to set an example on what to eat, they are the ones making the food or buying it in a drive through.

This country has become so pathetic that we cant even raise our children properly. No one wants to blame themselves rather want to blame someone else. People in my generation (I am 30) are horrible parents and spend more time complaining about every little thing than actually teaching their kids to avoid that stuff. Dont blame me, dont blame my kid, blame the other kids, blame the teachers, blame the school, blame the govt, blame whoever else.

I was watching a show about kids in Jail being scared straight. There was this grandmother who was raising a teenager. She said that when she saw him being dropped off at her house she was mad because she didnt raise him to be in trouble. Yet the father skipped out of the picture since forever, the kids mother is a drug addict, and the kids older brothers are already in jail. All of that and she raised him to not get into trouble, if everyone around you is in trouble with the law, maybe you aren't a very good parent.

Some people should just not have kids.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    88GT has a point about children needing to be considered private property as far as the state is concerned. Unfortunately, the state is coming to believe that private property is theirs if they want it.

Perhaps another way to put it is that parents need to be held responsible for their children by the community-as-a-whole instead of ceding that responsibility to the state. When I was a young parent, I would have starved before my child went hungry (and, in fact, unknown to me, my wife was put in that very situation when I was deployed to Korea). Today, children are being fed breakfast and lunch by the state (WE'RE PAYING!!) while their parents, presumably, are doing something else with their money, such as buying cars and flat-screen televisions or the latest 4G smart phone plan. If children are going hungry, we should be looking at their parents (as a society) to see what the parents are doing besides feeding their kids. The state should really being staying out of it.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    88GT has a point about children needing to be considered private property as far as the state is concerned. Unfortunately, the state is coming to believe that private property is theirs if they want it.

Perhaps another way to put it is that parents need to be held responsible for their children by the community-as-a-whole instead of ceding that responsibility to the state. When I was a young parent, I would have starved before my child went hungry (and, in fact, unknown to me, my wife was put in that very situation when I was deployed to Korea). Today, children are being fed breakfast and lunch by the state (WE'RE PAYING!!) while their parents, presumably, are doing something else with their money, such as buying cars and flat-screen televisions or the latest 4G smart phone plan. If children are going hungry, we should be looking at their parents (as a society) to see what the parents are doing besides feeding their kids. The state should really being staying out of it.

Must spread the rep around....

Top Bottom