• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I'm not huge Ron Paul fan, but this clip from his 1988 Presidential run is priceless.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi1nxu-Sy-w&feature=related[/ame]

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If more people were better parents there would be less kids being taken away. Im certainly not advocating taking away obese kids, but for the love of god the parents are responsible for making them that way.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Child protective services is a sham. The states get federal dollars for every child inducted into the system. It is another instance of redistribution of wealth.
    It has a valid purpose but it can be overused. Trust me when I say there are a lot of kids in horrible conditions and I have seen this first hand. DCS has its problems but I am happy they are there when I need them.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    WHERE IS THIS PAUL?!? I know that he is probably a bit hesitant about being portrayed as even more "nutty" (I don't believe this), but I really think he could turn a few heads his way with some hard truth like above. I would really like to see this Paul in a debate one on one with Obama.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    WHERE IS THIS PAUL?!? I know that he is probably a bit hesitant about being portrayed as even more "nutty" (I don't believe this), but I really think he could turn a few heads his way with some hard truth like above. I would really like to see this Paul in a debate one on one with Obama.
    All he did was go off on the guy. He talked down to him and didn't persuade anyone of anything. To win you have to attract more votes than just those of the people who agree with you.

In Pauls own words I saw last week in a link in this forum, he continullay gets relected over and over and over, again and again. Well, it shows. Because of that, the art of persuassion was lost on him and it still shows today.

NOW, I can understand getting amped up while on the Morton Downey show and that is only a 1 minute clip. God only knows what was going on prior in that episode but Paul is no Salesman.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    All he did was go off on the guy. He talked down to him and didn't persuade anyone of anything. To win you have to attract more votes than just those of the people who agree with you.

In Pauls own words I saw last week in a link in this forum, he continullay gets relected over and over and over, again and again. Well, it shows. Because of that, the art of persuassion was lost on him and it still shows today.

NOW, I can understand getting amped up while on the Morton Downey show and that is only a 1 minute clip. God only knows what was going on prior in that episode but Paul is no Salesman.

Paul named his own son Rand. Who is John Galt? Ask Ayn Rand. Also ask her why Paul might not be interested in changing his pitch. We get the government we deserve and I wish we deserved a man like Ron Paul. Too many second handers want paul to change his presentation. If Paul changed and won, he would be losing.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    He already acknowledges his failure. His Son is much more polished. We will just have to wait for 2016 and see what comes of the new crop of Conservatives. The problem is what if history does not wait?

So right now we have Newt vs Romney. No, Paul could have adapted long before 2011. Relics don't adapt.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    He already acknowledges his failure. His Son is much more polished. We will just have to wait for 2016 and see what comes of the new crop of Conservatives. The problem is what if history does not wait?

So right now we have Newt vs Romney. No, Paul could have adapted long before 2011. Relics don't adapt.

^^ This ^^

If Ron Paul was about rolling back the progressive agenda, he would have stayed out of the race so that Rand could run instead. Rand Paul is a libertarian leaning politician I could support in a heartbeat. He is far more polished, far less confrontational, and far more electable than his father.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I see your point. In other words we have candidates like Romney and Gingrich as front runners because of Ron Paul's inability to adapt.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is one example of why a Ron Paul presidency would be ineffectual because of his inability to adapt.
    "Ron Paul is a purist, too often at the cost of real accomplishments." "It is perfectly legitimate, and in fact vital, that think tanks, free-market groups, and individual members of Congress develop and propose idealized solutions. But presidents have the responsibility of making progress, and often, Ron Paul opposes progress because, in his mind, the progress is not perfect."
    Presidential White Papers: Ron Paul

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Yeah, Semper fixed it.

I just think at some point in the last 23 years Paul's ego eclipsed his real destiny, help found a true third party. He held his political capital too closely for too long. I have worked with a lot of people like this most of my career. So smart they don't hear you telling them they are driving off a cliff. :dunno:

I honestly like his son, I also hate generational political families. BUT I am always looking to the future and adapt. I will at least listen to what comes next from Rand and not judge him too much.

I am just beyond perplexed at the state of this country and this election at this moment. Like a parent who is looking at his kid, thinking and saying, who the hell are you?

2016 may be a bit too late. The only thing I know for sure today about 2012, is this, I am buying a Can that will work with both .223 and .22lr. That is priority one on my "to buy" list.

Newt vs Romney

(insert turd here) vs Obama

I remember McCain vs Obama

Today before I went to work I said to my GF what the hell happened? I want a recall for the entire year of 2008. I want Huckabee vs Hillary and I don't care who wins, just give me a do over.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Today before I went to work I said to my GF what the hell happened? I want a recall for the entire year of 2008. I want Huckabee vs Hillary and I don't care who wins, just give me a do over.
    I think I have to agree with you on this one. As much as I dislike Hillary and I wasn't to hip on Huckabee I think we would all have been better of if that were the case.

Top Bottom