• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Picked up my 9mm yesterday and ran about 50 flawless rounds through it this morning. Very accurate and easy to shoot. I'll start my own thread later.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I ended up passing on the Rock Island for another budget 1911, I am a sucker for shiny things I guess.

2015-01-16165448_zpse8ae24b6.jpg

I haven't had a chance to put any rounds downrange yet, but hopefully tonight. The reviews seemed to make the quality out to be just as good if not better than Rock Island and the price was about the same.

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Mark, that is a nice gun. I actually owned one just like it and it was a great gun. It was my first 1911 purchase but as happens sometimes I traded it for another gun I just had to have. Mine was very accurate and had a great trigger in it. Enjoy it.
    photobucket-1429-1353083136550.jpg

photobucket-7846-1358710182628.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Over the last couple of years, RIA has been steadily improving their quality control and I believe they turn out a decent gun today. They turned out decent guns in the past, but there was a higher number of lemons that left the factory than seem to be found today. Every manufacturer can produce a lemon and I believe it comes from the tolerances they hold to. I think RIA has been improving that

My second 1911 was an RIA Compact and it's been a great gun. It is a standard 1911 in most ways and uses the same 1911 parts as others do. Right now, I have the almost complete fire control part setup from my Colt Delta Elite in my RIA. It's running an Ed Brown extended thumb safety too. Not only has it been a great gun to shoot, it's been fun to work on too.

Well, you fixed the RIA with the Colt parts.......:)
    If the lock up is correct from the factory RIA's tend to run well.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Quick update

The American Classic is an awesome shooter. I think it may have switched me from poly gun guy to a 1911 guy. It is very accurate, and I am in love with the trigger. I will do a full review when I get to a computer, but so far it was a great purchase.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Quick update

The American Classic is an awesome shooter. I think it may have switched me from poly gun guy to a 1911 guy. It is very accurate, and I am in love with the trigger. I will do a full review when I get to a computer, but so far it was a great purchase.

Comparing a fulcrum trigger to a direct release trigger on the 1911 is really unfair to the Fulcrum piece.........:)

It is another world entirely.

Willegene

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    South Indy
    Quick update

Was that at Rural King as well??

Oldsmolet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Bloomington
    Why does everyone have great luck with RIAs? Even a few of my friends have had good ones. I've owned 4 and not one decent. They were cheaper then though. At 500 I'd be looking to add a little for a used colt. Hell 1991s were just on sale with $100 rebate. That made them $589. Maybe I'm just feeling burnt still on the ones I had. Lol

Top Bottom