• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    ...this point. Funny thing is, my mom and sister went Columbus PD citizen gun training class, and was told they should never OC a gun because... *gasp* ...you might terrorize people and get your gun taken from you. Question...do you or have you personally known anybody who got their gun taken from them and used against them(or stolen) while it was holstered on their person? The media being anti-OC(or anti-guns for that matter), report anybody who opened carried had their gun stolen and/or used against them while was holstered?

In recent history, I can't recall any cases...

i googled "open carrier murder" and found this on the first page

Teen homicide suspects have criminal histories | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Now I'm not arguing against OCing, nor am I commenting on the victim's actions, situational awareness, etc. But according to the story, the perp grabbed the gun right out of the holster.

I like OC. I like to see other people OCing. But I think it does require a bit more alertness, focus, whatever if you choose to carry that way.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Recently while in Utah took the required class to get a non-resident CC permit. Utah is strictly a CC State. However, OC vs CC came up in the class. The instructor discussed the usual Pro - Con arguments. OC and make yourself the first target. OC deters the bad guys. CC gives you the element of surprise. CC slower to deploy. Etc. He said there is ongoing debate about changing the law to allow OC. However, in his opinion a major reason for Utah being CC only is they allow permit holders in any PUBLIC K through college institution. Parents, visitors, teachers, administration, janitor can all CC at a PUBLIC school if holder of a Utah permit. In addition Utah Dept of Safety checks state and national databases every 24 hours to confirm eligibility. If you have a Utah permit and get pulled over for DUI in Indiana, highly likely a letter will arrive quickly rescinding your permit.
    I don't think even OC'ers would have a problem with CC'ing in those situations to be able to access certain places that were previously off limits as long as they still have the option to OC otherwise. That's the difference.

OC'ers just want the option to carry however. It does'nt matter just as long as they are armed and have the ability to defend themselves if need be.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Please provide me some links. I'd love to read them for myself.

Thanks in advance!

I have too much of a life and have grown too apathetic of this topic. I could post link after link and it would not change your mind - why bother? I do not even have a dog in this fight really. While I am a cc'er - I do not consider me to have a side. I am more concerned with behaviour of your carry than the method (oc or cc). I am not here to defend bashers on either side but objectively can say it comes from both sides.

With that being said, I think this is what you want to hear: You are right - you are the victim and the mean cc'ers should leave you alone. The mods need to start banning.

Now you guys can get back to discussing Rob and James.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Recently while in Utah took the required class to get a non-resident CC permit. Utah is strictly a CC State. However, OC vs CC came up in the class. The instructor discussed the usual Pro - Con arguments. OC and make yourself the first target. OC deters the bad guys. CC gives you the element of surprise. CC slower to deploy. Etc. He said there is ongoing debate about changing the law to allow OC. However, in his opinion a major reason for Utah being CC only is they allow permit holders in any PUBLIC K through college institution. Parents, visitors, teachers, administration, janitor can all CC at a PUBLIC school if holder of a Utah permit. In addition Utah Dept of Safety checks state and national databases every 24 hours to confirm eligibility. If you have a Utah permit and get pulled over for DUI in Indiana, highly likely a letter will arrive quickly rescinding your permit.
    UT is not a CC only state. Who told you that?

OpenCarry.org - State Information For Utah

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I have too much of a life and have grown too apathetic of this topic. I could post link after link and it would not change your mind - why bother? I do not even have a dog in this fight really. While I am a cc'er - I do not consider me to have a side. I am more concerned with behaviour of your carry than the method (oc or cc). I am not here to defend bashers on either side but objectively can say it comes from both sides.

With that being said, I think this is what you want to hear: You are right - you are the victim and the mean cc'ers should leave you alone. The mods need to start banning.

Wow. No need to get on the defense, Hayseed. I simply asked to see a link or two where this has happened. I just don't recall seeing any posts like that.

Sorry if that hurt your feelings. It was an honest request with zero animosity intended.

Sorry.

Stocks

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana

I think they make ice cream. They offended those who carry in a cone over a dish...

Cannot believe anyone disgrees with them - afterall they do have "Tactical" in their name...

Ban him! He is obviously a CC'er trying desperately to snuf out your OC rights. My eyes have been opened to the injustices of the board.

No feelings hurt - just PMS'ing today.

Thought you had too much of a life and had grown apathetic... :dunno:

Top Bottom