• ...and so much more!
  • Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Interesting story I think!

Concealed carry law prevented road rage injury - WSAU News/Talk 550AM 99.9FM

A side story of mine:

I have been followed before bc someone thought I was in the wrong when in fact they were. When we stopped at a light, I saw in my mirror that he was getting out of his car so I put my kickstand down and got off the bike. By the time I did so he was about half way to me and my bike, When he realized that I was 6' 2" 295 he started to back up to his car and said, "Next time mother f**ker, watch where you are going!" He was the one that came in my lane and I had to speed up and swerve to miss him so he tailgated me all the way to the light. :dunno: He tore off into the left turn lane and ran a red light and turned left....I never said a word haha.

There are some really bad drivers out there, I learned to drive (for the most part) when I was 13 around my neighborhood with my Dad and also on a farm I worked on driving tractors. I'm noticing that kids don't know how to drive these days, a lot of adults too I guess.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've been on the receiving end of road rage several times. Never needed a handgun - I've always had a multi-ton vehicle instead. In the last few months:

#1 - guy drove straight through a right-hand turn lane, and nearly took out my right-front fender. I locked it up and honked. He stopped and started the whole gang-sign thing. I turned and left.

#2 - guys was driving 20 MPH under the speed limit in a no-passing zone. I tried flashing my lights and then a couple of "toots" to see if he was just not paying attention. He locked up the brakes, got out, and started back towards me. With no oncoming traffic at the time, I just floored it around him and left. I've since seen him holding up traffic several more times. The dude is just slooooowwwwww, and a real jerk about it.

Of course, I've never been "rammed" like the person in that article! That might change my response a tad. Driving either my lifted Jeep or 3/4 truck, even the "ragers" seem to just avoid me. What's the old rule? He with the larger tires wins? :D

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I didn't read the article, but have been on the receiving end as well.
    I love when you are behind a car at a light, they have the green arrow to turn and they just sit there. So you give a quick little beep of the horn and they sit there, so a couple beeps and they still sit there. So when they finally do go and you get around them they decide to ride your bumper.

Idiots out there and watching many youtube videos (mainly of Russia incidents but not limited to) I have bought a dashboard cam.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Police don’t know what triggered the road rage incident.

I realize people can do weird and sometimes psycho things, but I'm not ready to swallow somebody, out of the blue, decided to ram somebody else. Not to say the guy wasn't justified, it wouldn't surprise me in the least these key-wielding, Michiganders started it, but I think the story picked up in the middle.

On another note, even when calling ahead to get police assistance--when seconds count, the police are minutes away.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    I realize people can do weird and sometimes psycho things, but I'm not ready to swallow somebody, out of the blue, decided to ram somebody else. Not to say the guy wasn't justified, it wouldn't surprise me in the least these key-wielding, Michiganders started it, but I think the story picked up in the middle.

On another note, even when calling ahead to get police assistance--when seconds count, the police are minutes away.

I'm with you. While reading the article, I was thinking that the shooter probably wasn't completely without blame for the traffic accident, brake-checking was what came to mind.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I drive a lot in my job and in Indy it can and is crazy. At least 2 or more times a day I have to avoid getting hit for any of the reasons mentioned above. Lane lurkers, bumper breachers (tailgate) text wanderers and the list goes on.
    Today I was at a light with one car in front of me. He was about 3 feet away and started rolling back towards my truck. I just sat there watching him texting (head down, un-aware of anything including the light was green) His car stopped rolling when it hit my bumper. He snapped back to reality and jumped from his POS car with some foul language and a serious I am going to kick your A$$ look on his mug. I come out of my truck and told him he hit me. He said hell no it was my fault. I responded to his foul language with some of my own and stepped clear of the door with my cell in hand fake dialing 911. He looked at the phone, looked at the 1911 on my belt and said....."My bad" got in his POS car and rolled off.
    I laughed all the way home.
    It is now official....the world has gone completely mad.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Interesting story I think!

Concealed carry law prevented road rage injury - WSAU News/Talk 550AM 99.9FM

A side story of mine:

I have been followed before bc someone thought I was in the wrong when in fact they were. When we stopped at a light, I saw in my mirror that he was getting out of his car so I put my kickstand down and got off the bike. By the time I did so he was about half way to me and my bike, When he realized that I was 6' 2" 295 he started to back up to his car and said, "Next time mother f**ker, watch where you are going!" He was the one that came in my lane and I had to speed up and swerve to miss him so he tailgated me all the way to the light. :dunno: He tore off into the left turn lane and ran a red light and turned left....I never said a word haha.

There are some really bad drivers out there, I learned to drive (for the most part) when I was 13 around my neighborhood with my Dad and also on a farm I worked on driving tractors. I'm noticing that kids don't know how to drive these days, a lot of adults too I guess.

:):.......Hahahahaha!......
    Amaze'n how the 'tude changes,ain't it?....LOL!.....:D
    I ain't 295(DANG.....you'a BIG sonvagun,LOL!) but am 6'2-3" depend'n on what pair boots got I on,hahahaha!......and 'bout.....?.....210-212 on'a good day .......:):

yeah.....they git all 'puff'd' an " I'll jus' kik 'is guys a**...?oh.....sh**....well.....never mind....."......LOL!......:):

Top Bottom