• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I see no reason for cursive, I am an engineer so take it for what it's worth but my print and the print I see on some hand drawn prints rivals anything in beauty. In college we were taught not to use cursive because everyone tends to adapt it to their own, where print stays fairly uniform. I also cross my z's so they do not get confused with 2's. If something is of no real use anymore should we keep it around for nostalgia? People can still read old english, and even Greek I think we will be OK.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    See, I think people are equating "no cursive" to equal "no handwriting". Kids are taught to print in school. Once they were good at that, they were taught cursive. It is the cursive that is getting dropped...not handwriting all together.

I'm not equating the two, though some may be, it just struck me as very odd and I was afraid that the keyboard had replaced the pencil in some schools. FWIW a lot of the other kids did use the antique cursive.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm an engineer, not just by training, but by DNA. I knew cursive was a dumb idea from the beginning, but played along. Haven't used it since. My "signature" is in no way legible as such, but it's a "symbol" which is unique to me. I print everything, which is legible to anyone, and isn't any slower in real life. I cross my z's and 7's, slash my zeroes, nose and tail on the 1's, etc. Every character is distinguishable with no further context. This is important to me.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    The same old argument, in new guise.

It was the whine back when type-writers became electric. Also, I believe it does not legitimize a contract when the signature is printed; must be cursive, or witnessed by proper authority, and that authority must sign, not print, as authority.

Top Bottom