• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    New rimfire toy. Been watching too may youtube videos...

75543773_2410347042547108_1990667820723077120_o.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just when I thought I could stop looking at the sales ads for these you post this really positive account of your experience. Shame on you :( . Seriously - thanks. Always glad to read real world reviews.

I was on the fence. After reading all the great reviews and watching videos doing basic research on it I figured I'd give it a shot. What pushed me over the fence was the $50 rebate :)

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For those near Indy, Gander in Greenfield still has 22s (some 17s as well, didn’t notice any magnums) in stock. With the 20% discount there are some very attractive prices.

For instance, they have a Savage B22 FVSR for ~$250 out the door for club members, non-club member price was like $15 more. Steal of a price for about action with a heavy, threaded barrel.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For those near Indy, Gander in Greenfield still has 22s (some 17s as well, didn’t notice any magnums) in stock. With the 20% discount there are some very attractive prices.
    For instance, they have a Savage B22 FVSR for ~$250 out the door for club members, non-club member price was like $15 more. Steal of a price for about action with a heavy, threaded barrel.[/QUOTE

Is this comparable to the Ruger Precision Rifle? Just curious.
    I looked this up and read about its upgrades online over the Mark 2.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For instance, they have a Savage B22 FVSR for ~$250 out the door for club members, non-club member price was like $15 more. Steal of a price for about action with a heavy, threaded barrel.[/QUOTE

Is this comparable to the Ruger Precision Rifle? Just curious.
    I looked this up and read about its upgrades online over the Mark 2.

It will come down preferences more than anything else.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Details, please.

Well, I saw this video that MAC did, and was intrigued. I don't have a suppressor for it yet, and seeing as how it's using an AR brace, I left the riser on my Romeo 5, (like I would on an AR) but this is where I got the idea... I did try it without, but I was really smashing my face too much. That's more for the traditional stock like on the rifle version. I do want an SBA3, but I had the stupid Shockwave laying around, so I used it for now. Then I swapped out the A2 grip for a leftover Ergo grip I had, and here we are...

[video=youtube;RoC8Q40NVRY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoC8Q40NVRY[/video]

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Picked up a Hawke Vantage SF 3-12x44 and put it on the RPR .22 tonight. The Side Focus version seems to be a nice step up from the standard Vantage series I previously had. Obviously the side focus knob is easier to use than the AO model, but the turrets are easier/nicer to use also. The clicks seems a little more positive and the knobs are easier to grab a hold of. I was very impressed with the previous Hawkes I owned, so I doubt this will disappoint either.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I should have never read through this.

This thread got me into building a 1022 and now I’ve got a want for a charger as well.

Gonna watch some YouTube on Chargers, which isn’t gonna help my wallet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Time for the next gun raffle for my VFW, and we've settled on a 10/22. Here's the deal. there is a rift between doing a standard rifle, and a charger. When I ordered mine, the dealer forgot he had ordered it, and ordered it again, so he has a second one. I was thinking do one up with the brace for the raffle, but not sure how the tickets would sell in small town IN over a regular "squirrel gun" style rifle. Either way, I'll probably end up having to go to a gun show to sell tickets like I did for the Marlin 1985 we just gave away, and I think that the braced charger would do well at a gun show...

What say you all?

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’ve found myself lately thinking about a pistol suppressor host again. Something simple, inexpensive, relatively compact and at least a decent trigger.

Typically my got to 22 pistol is a Ruger Mk, but I know myself well enough that I go down that road it’ll turn into something crazy. I’ve been using my wife’s BuckMark as a host, and I’m really only so-so on them.

Options I’ve considered:
    -Ruger SR22
    -Taurus TX22
    -S&W Compact
    -Walther P22
    -Walther PPQ 22

What others are in that size group that I’m not thinking of?

Top Bottom