• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    When I was younger around 8 yo I would set up little plastic army men and pretend I was a sniper and shoot them with a 22lr single shot at 25 feet. A lot of
    commies died those days let me tell you. This was when we still hated Russia and China. The Cold war era.

And to think I was still using rubber bands, and if we hand it: slingshots. :laugh:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    And to think I was still using rubber bands, and if we hand it: slingshots. :laugh:

LOL my father and mother started me out at 5 yo. We lived in the country and by 8 I was hunting squirrel and rabbits. Nice thing is now days we have Davy Cricket rifles for the youth. I trained my 4 children 3 boys and a girl with it. Much easier than an adult size one I was taught on. I was shooting my mothers 357 at 12 yo, that was a lot of fun lol. I was 14 before they thought I could handle the 44 magnum Blackhawk. That was a lot of fun too yet a lot more jump.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Got some outdoor range time in today. Very nice weather and had the place to myself for the 1.5 hours I was there.

This fairly "new to me" S&W K22 Masterpiece simply makes me HAPPY. Very nice on paper and a joy to ring a steel silhouette at 100 yards with it.

sgkeIQP.jpg

I'm still getting used to the light SA trigger pull, hence the wild shot on the lower right edge of the paper. 18 shots, one hand offhand at 50'.

s4iJbrU.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Got some outdoor range time in today. Very nice weather and had the place to myself for the 1.5 hours I was there.

This fairly "new to me" S&W K22 Masterpiece simply makes me HAPPY. Very nice on paper and a joy to ring a steel silhouette at 100 yards with it.

sgkeIQP.jpg

I'm still getting used to the light SA trigger pull, hence the wild shot on the lower right edge of the paper. 18 shots, one hand offhand at 50'.

Very nice composition in this photo, Tarzan ! :yesway:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm jealous!
    I was actually looking for them the last 2 days, but you have to go to some guns international sight to find any.
    Only found one on Gunbroker being auctioned which is at $619 with 11 days to go. :dunno:
    I assume it will go for double that, minimum.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

sgkeIQP.jpg

s4iJbrU.jpg

Gorgeous gun and nice shootin’!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

sgkeIQP.jpg

s4iJbrU.jpg

Very nice!

What kind of speed loader is that?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Gorgeous gun and nice shootin’!

Thanks. On the way home "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU MATT!!!" kept going through my mind.

Very nice!

What kind of speed loader is that?

Thanks. It's a Speed Beez and works great with their loading blocks. A little pricey but should last a lifetime. With the loading blocks you only have to get one loader unlike for my .38's where the loaders are cheap but I bought a bunch of them.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I'm jealous!
    I was actually looking for them the last 2 days, but you have to go to some guns international sight to find any.
    Only found one on Gunbroker being auctioned which is at $619 with 11 days to go. :dunno:
    I assume it will go for double that, minimum.

In 1957 S&W started using model numbers and the K22 became the Model 17. You may find a Model 17 from the '60's-70's at a better price than the K22.

It was actually the Model 17 I had in mind but when this K22 in GREAT shape popped up at a fair price, I jumped.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    In 1957 S&W started using model numbers and the K22 became the Model 17. You may find a Model 17 from the '60's-70's at a better price than the K22.

It was actually the Model 17 I had in mind but when this K22 in GREAT shape popped up at a fair price, I jumped.

I did enjoy looking around later this evening when I got home.
    Some peeking at the K22 & the M17, just for fun.
    I just said to myself that I'd be content with the magnificent Dan Wesson 8" barrel 6 shot that I bought from a member here in June 2018.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I finally got to shoot the American made Taurus TX22. Man that's a nice pistol. Right out of the box. I just put a few drops of Mpro7 on it took it outside and it ran like a sewing machine. I used Armscor HP, Federal champion, CCI segmented HP the hot stuff. CCI stingers, and some Aguila super extra.

All total 350 rounds no failures. It liked the CCI Segmented hot rounds the best. Most accurate if the ones I tested. 2.5" groups at 50 feet standing. I fell in love with it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I finally got to shoot the American made Taurus TX22. Man that's a nice pistol. Right out of the box. I just put a few drops of Mpro7 on it took it outside and it ran like a sewing machine. I used Armscor HP, Federal champion, CCI segmented HP the hot stuff. CCI stingers, and some Aguila super extra.
    All total 350 rounds no failures. It liked the CCI Segmented hot rounds the best. Most accurate if the ones I tested. 2.5" groups at 50 feet standing. I fell in love with it.

Great testimonial. :thumbsup:
    First time I held one in my hand at the shop I was not impressed (I like metal heavier guns); it reminded me of my SW MP Compact, that I enjoyed until I got guns that shot better: Browning Buckmark Hunter, Mark 4 & a bunch of older ones (metal) that I liked but I had to trim (SW 22A, Colt Target).
    Nice job on the shooting: post pics!
    I love to see it on paper like some take the time to do!
    I can't do 50' standing 2.5" with my Smith 41 & a Ruger Mark 3 w/Volquarten barrel with my eyes. :dunno:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

Just when I thought I could stop looking at the sales ads for these you post this really positive account of your experience. Shame on you :( . Seriously - thanks. Always glad to read real world reviews.

Top Bottom