• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have a staunchly liberal buddy who said the average wage in Indiana will fall to 31 cents an hour! This is how wacky the liberals have become, and they are now pissing all over themselves because of this! I love it!:):

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This was NOT worth all the fuss. MOst Union guys will stay that way. Contracts are still in effect. No jobs will be lost. all the fuss was political, Democrats need the campaing cash that the unions send. If you opt out of the union your dues cannnot be forwarded to the DNC. that is issue pure and simple

Of course dues go to the DNC. It's silly to think otherwise.

If I give you 100 bucks and someone else gives you 100 bucks on the condition you don't buy beer with their 100, do you think paying with one bill rather than the other doesn't mean both of us paid for your beer?

There's a word for this: fungible.

If I give you money, and you spend money, my money has gone to wherever you spent it, by whatever percentage my money constitutes your total money.

BrentTheBoat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Columbus
    The reason the union leaders are upset is because this might mean less union members which equals less union dues. Therefore less money for them to throw big parties for themselves.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I've always had an appreciation for skilled trade unions. Those that teach a skill via apprenticeship and so forth.

Labor unions that do trained monkey work... not so much...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Of course dues go to the DNC. It's silly to think otherwise.

If I give you 100 bucks and someone else gives you 100 bucks on the condition you don't buy beer with their 100, do you think paying with one bill rather than the other doesn't mean both of us paid for your beer?

There's a word for this: fungible.

If I give you money, and you spend money, my money has gone to wherever you spent it, by whatever percentage my money constitutes your total money.

I hear you. But try getting a union guy to understand that. I had a local UAW official trying to explain how dues did not go to political causes. I got a bunch of vehimate denials, references to their CAP fund, etc.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Assuming there is a fairly strong correlation between legislators whom are pro-2A and pro-right-to-work...What does legislation portend for the 2012 elections? Is there enough "labor" sympathy over this issue to turn out enough pro-2A legislators to derail the advancements/reforms we, here on INGO would like to see?

after the bailouts and the draining of cities like Detroit... I'm thinking there aren't gonna get much sympathy.

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene
    So THAT'S who Stig is!:D All this time I thought he was a Formula 1 driver. :dunno:

BTW, people who have never watched Top Gear have no idea what you're talking about.:cool:

My man Mitch can do it all! Good for him for sticking to his guns.

:draw:

You are correct regarding most people not knowing about Top Gear and The Stig, but it is pretty neat when someone out like yourself gets it!

:)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The reason the union leaders are upset is because this might mean less union members which equals less union dues. Therefore less money for them to throw big parties for themselves.
    Remember maybe 10-12 years ago when the big UPS strike was going on? Guess where the teamsters decided to have their "talks", Yep, Las Vegas! A good friend of mine really struggled during that strike, while his dues were paying for the union thugs to party in Vegas.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    You can supposedly request none of your dues go to either political party and also demand that percentage of your dues that did be returned to you. Problem is the union will cook up some wacky numbers that show on paper only .0001% or something crazy like that went to the political party you choose not to contribute to. In other words they will refund nothing.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    You can supposedly request none of your dues go to either political party and also demand that percentage of your dues that did be returned to you. Problem is the union will cook up some wacky numbers that show on paper only .0001% or something crazy like that went to the political party you choose not to contribute to. In other words they will refund nothing.

It still doesn't matter. You can't cheat economic law any more than you can cheat gravity. All the above scenario does, even if they play it honest, is reduce the amount of money you give the DNC.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I hear you. But try getting a union guy to understand that. I had a local UAW official trying to explain how dues did not go to political causes. I got a bunch of vehimate denials, references to their CAP fund, etc.

Yeah, they don't understand economics until it's their money. Then watch just how much they believe in the free market.

It's like all those people who complain about rising prices complain about greed and the price being jacked up.

I've yet to see one of them say, "Oh, I can't sell my home for 300K, I only just bought it two years ago for 250K and I haven't made any improvements on it."

Nope, suddenly they know all about market pricing. Not that my little scenario has been realistic for the last several years.

It's like the question I asked a couple of years ago when the economy was tanking:

Why is it good when house prices are rising, but it's bad and greedy when gas prices are rising?

Because people can believe any sort of illogic when it suits their purposes.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    It still doesn't matter. You can't cheat economic law any more than you can cheat gravity. All the above scenario does, even if they play it honest, is reduce the amount of money you give the DNC.

Oh don't worry I was under no illusion it mattered. It is just another example of NOT caring for the "working man" but more interested in using the "working man's" money to fund the union's choice of political parties.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Channel 6 is reporting that union members are planning on trying to shutdown the superbowl. And the teamsters have said they will park trucks aroud the stadium entrances and on freeway on/off ramps

Yea, that sounds like something that's gonna win people over to unions!
    I CAN'T WAIT to join!:laugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, they don't understand economics until it's their money. Then watch just how much they believe in the free market.

It's like all those people who complain about rising prices complain about greed and the price being jacked up.

I've yet to see one of them say, "Oh, I can't sell my home for 300K, I only just bought it two years ago for 250K and I haven't made any improvements on it."

Nope, suddenly they know all about market pricing. Not that my little scenario has been realistic for the last several years.

It's like the question I asked a couple of years ago when the economy was tanking:

Why is it good when house prices are rising, but it's bad and greedy when gas prices are rising?

Because people can believe any sort of illogic when it suits their purposes.

They understand enough about economics in they realize that without the government's interference in the market, their view of the world cannot stand on its own two legs.:)

Top Bottom