• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    To All,

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the AFL-CIO the percentage of Union jobs in Indiana is 10.9%, so let's say 11% are Union.

This means that 89% of our jobs are already nonunion.

Is that 11% so important that a Right to Work Law will turn our economy around? Really???:dunno:

Do not misunderstand me. I have really mixed feeling about the Right to Work. On one hand I don't think a person should be forced to join a Union to get a job, just like I don't think a person should be forced to join a neighborhood code just to buy a home.

That said, I don't like the fact that a union is forced to represent everyone in the shop even if they don't pay for the service.

All that aside I really think that the propaganda surrounding the passage of this law is really blown out of proportion.

11%. Really???

Regards,

Doug

I don't think that it will effect current situations much. However, it will remove a barrier that has prevented employers from locating in Indiana. So, moving forward, it is a big deal.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Does everyone really think they can just walk into a union hall and get a job now? I dont understand. If there is no work than there is no work.
    Union hiring halls are exempt by federal law from right to work laws. This will have no effect on them.

What a lot of people over look is when someone has been at a company for a while and then the union is brought in they don't have a choice but to join it and pay dues, or quit. Not those of us facing possible unionization at our jobs don't have much to worry about. Sure vote the blood suckers in they wont get my money now.:rockwoot::rockwoot: :yesway:Mitch Daniels:yesway::yesway:

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    To All,

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the AFL-CIO the percentage of Union jobs in Indiana is 10.9%, so let's say 11% are Union.

This means that 89% of our jobs are already nonunion.

What do the 11% make per hour as opposed to the 89%? Union jobs are "privileged"
    People in union jobs considered "seasonal" are laid off during inclement weather and allowed to collect unemployment insurance. Most of those work side jobs and make untaxed dollars during their layoff.
    Screw em. Let them shut down the SB. My kid used to stamp his foot when he was 3 and didn't get his way.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    To those of you saying its not a big deal . Well, its a big enough deal the unions trucked in thousands of protesters over the last month. Big enough that Pat Bauer and his buddies tried their "hide under the bed to avoid letting the bill get voted on" thing again. Big enough that the unions are threatening to shut down traffic at THE SUPER BOWL~!!!!!!
    It comes down to a feller shouldn't have to pay union dues if he doesn't want to be a part of the union. That's it plain and simple. As far as unions go they started out with a purpose but it was soon overridden by people wanting to make money from them. Now they are a money raising operation for the democratic party.
    It was funny, before they passed it , a few weeks ago, the union folks were in the state house chanting" NO RIGHT TO WORK"! What is it every left wing union official will spout at you when you ask them what they are about? Worker's rights!

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    Here's a question for those of you that can do math, multiply number of democrat legislatures times days in session times $1000.00 divideed by 11% of indiana's work force, how much would that have been per man to have just told the D's "screw it sit out we got this"?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I work for a non union company. I make good money, I have good benefits, I am blessed. If my company went union, I would quit before I paid "dues" to some pack of thugs. I am thrilled that this bill passed, and good for Mitch for holding the course! Eff unions! Now if we could just get the rest of the country to swing the way Indiana does.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Just to clarify:
    The non-union worker (in a "union" shop) will get the same wages and benefits as the union guys. He (or she) will not gain "representation" from the union.
    To me this means that the unions are gonna have to come full circle and actually do some in order to entice membership.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Assuming there is a fairly strong correlation between legislators whom are pro-2A and pro-right-to-work...What does legislation portend for the 2012 elections? Is there enough "labor" sympathy over this issue to turn out enough pro-2A legislators to derail the advancements/reforms we, here on INGO would like to see?

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    wonder how much non-union help they hired to protest today?

:yesway: Exactly! I got an email a while back from an acquaintance of mine looking to hire people at minimum wage to protest at the Statehouse. I wish I would have saved it, but I immediately deleted it out of disgust.

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    how come no one has mentioned that blue collar federal jobs have always been "right to work." You don't have any of those workers complaining . There sure were plenty of jobs lost the last few years around here to say that this "right to work" will cost us jobs.

Top Bottom