• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buy ammo when you find it just to sell it here for more that what you paid.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    True. We need to remember that this is Fenway's playground and we have to abide by his rules. If he decided to close every WTS where he thought that the evil, vile, sick, putrid, disgusting seller was going to make a profit then fine, again his playground his rules. What really concerns me is that we have a large segment of our group that is fiercely opposed to people making a profit on anything they sell.

I find that is more than a little scary.

[/size][/font]I have no problem with that, but again Fenway decided that it was against the rules to comment on someone's price.

That seems to me to be a lot of work for our Mods to have to do something that everyone could and should do on their own. But if someone WANTS to do it more power to them.

I'm not opposed to anyone making a profit. I'm opposed to people ripping each other off. This is suppose to be a site for Gun Owners by Gun Owners. A place to get together and bash people, er, uh, I mean talk about guns.... :): People will argue and fight, but ripping unsuspecting people off is a bit over the top.

Never said anyone should comment on prices.

I'm not saying the Mods have to do it. We can all contribute. All the Mods have to do is make it a sticky is all.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    as ive mentioned before i CAME to this site strictly for the classifieds and never had any intentions of joining some forum.

i STAYED because of the people and knowlege on the site. we have lost alot of the personal interaction from the members due to the number of members now, wich is good and bad. i joined when there were about 1500 members so im sure it was much more personal before i joined.

anyways i really wish everyone that uses the FREE classifieds here would atleast pony up the site supporters money. what is it 10 dollars, i think if you use these classifieds over a gun shop you must think you are getting at least 10 dollars off what you would pay elsewhere so you are money ahead to support the site. IMO

i have sold a couple things where i offered a 20 dollar discount to site supporters. all the guy had to do was support and show me a cc of the cheak or obviously have the banner, and the guy still didn't take the discount wich makes no sence to me but hey i tried

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm not opposed to anyone making a profit.

i have to respectably disagree with you there. take law guns for example. he is trying to start a business and was selling 100 dollar lowers. im sure he made some money but he passed us all one hell of a deal. so ya he made a profit but he still did us all a favor in the process. hell i dont know madye he didn't make a profit on that deal with todays market

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    i have to respectably disagree with you there. take law guns for example. he is trying to start a business and was selling 100 dollar lowers. im sure he made some money but he passed us all one hell of a deal. so ya he made a profit but he still did us all a favor in the process. hell i dont know madye he didn't make a profit on that deal with todays market

I'm confused. You disagree that I have no problem with people making a profit? :scratch:

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    How about a sticky on current market prices for the most popular stuff? Make it required reading, or suggested reading for New people to the board. Add in the Intro PM to read those other stickied threads and such.

I don't know what happened to the quote above but it's from Savage Eagle

Check this Link out:
    Current Gun Deals

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How about a sticky on current market prices for the most popular stuff? Make it required reading, or suggested reading for New people to the board. Add in the Intro PM to read those other stickied threads and such.

I don't know what happened to the quote above but it's from Savage Eagle

Check this Link out:
    Current Gun Deals

Yea, but 9 times out of ten the submitted "deals" are gone or outdated by a couple weeks. Thanks for posting though for those who didn't know about it. SOMETIMES you can get lucky.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Do you try to make a buck off your friend or do you help him out when you can? That's the nub of it.

At the same time, I don't really mind a small markup like a "finder's fee" or something. Say, buying 9mm at $9/box and reselling it here for $10/box. I still wouldn't do that to a friend, I'd help him out and get it at cost, for sure. But, I might to it for an acquaintance.

At the same time I'm all about a free market since that's what gets us good stuff at cheap prices. I guess most of us INGO users don't view the classifieds as a market, though, but more like a place for friends to swap stuff. As it gets bigger that feeling will get harder to maintain.

:twocents:

:+1:

I don't mind a small markup to cover expenses either. Making a hefty profit of another INGO member though seems wrong.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Another thing I think people need to keep in mind is that while America is a Democracy, and a "free market" a website is not. As a Mod years ago on IRC I constantly was using the line:

"America is a free country, this chatroom is a benevolent dictatorship."

This website, (as is any privately owned website), is Fenway's benevolent dictatorship. He owns it, he runs it as he sees fit.

I hope I am not coming across as a kiss a$$, but I have been online since before the Internet, and have learned over the years that freedom is limited on websites, as it should be. What people that complain against the rules really want is Anarchy, not Freedom, in my opinion.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I'm amazed that so many place 100% fault with the seller and 0% on the buyer. Should the buyer hold no responsibility what-so-ever? Personally, if I'm dumb enough to pay astronomical prices for anything, I can have no-one but myself to blame. That being said, I also understand that we have all entered someone else's house and must act accordingly. I would never throw someone out of my house for differing opinions but I certainly would throw them out for taking actions within my house that I did not approve of, which seems to be the case here. After looking through the classifieds just a bit ago I see very few, if any, ads that represent pricing that would I would classify as a good deal.

What I'm trying to say is simply that if their are no buyers willing to pay insane prices, pricing will fall into a realm of acceptibility. Either educate would be buyers or blame them for the outcome.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Um-kay... sounds like the analogy that Bobby Knight got in trouble making can be used (please note, I was and still am a big fan of Coach Knight. I was at IU-B for the 81 NCAA Championship.) for what Old Syko is saying. Its kind of like rape, if its inevitable you may as well lay back and enjoy it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Reps to Fenway for putting o' boy in his place! If you haven't seen the last post, you should. It just tops the whole thread off, IMHO! :D

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I can't figure out why anyone would sell it. The marginal amount you make on it is not worth the effort. Who ever heard of having "extra" ammo. Keep what you have because there may come a day when you and your loved ones need it.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Um-kay... sounds like the analogy that Bobby Knight got in trouble making can be used (please note, I was and still am a big fan of Coach Knight. I was at IU-B for the 81 NCAA Championship.) for what Old Syko is saying. Its kind of like rape, if its inevitable you may as well lay back and enjoy it.
    Say what? You are trying to draw some sort of twisted analogy of someone willfully - without force, coercion or threat - paying too much for something to rape?

Sir, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm confused I thought we were cursing...I mean discussing the outrageous ammo prices in the classifieds and weather attempted price gouging is ok?

I personally saw the said ad when it was first posted hoping for a reasonable deal and quickly clicked out, thinking who would jump at that when you can buy it at Walmart for way less.

I agree this is Fenway's playground and he is the law of the land.

My argument is against regulation of prices. The value of an something should be judged by the person who is in the market for that good or service. :patriot:

That being said I think it would be appropriate to send PM's informing that person of current values by people who have researched that item.:D

People should think very critically of the repercussions of asking for more regulation. Our country seems to have lost this ability. :alcoholic:

Top Bottom