• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Is it legal in Indiana to resell ammo? Do all gun rules apply? Felon, domestic abuse,age,etc?

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    As in the douchebags that have been buying up everything and reselling for killer profit? Or as in you sold a firearm, and have leftover ammo that is a caliber you no longer own.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think it may be a serious felony to sell ammo withing 90 days of buying it for more than 2% more than you paid for it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indiana should be OK with it, but the BATFE will want you to have a license.

IANAL.

Only if you are manufacturing or importing do you need a license, per the BATFE's web site.

Q: Is a license required to engage in the business of selling small arms ammunition?
    No. A license is not required for a dealer in ammunition only, but a manufacturer or an importer of ammunition must be licensed.
    [18 U.S.C. 922 (a)(1)(B)]

Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Conduct of Business (Licensees) | ATF

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    As in the douchebags that have been buying up everything and reselling for killer profit? Or as in you sold a firearm, and have leftover ammo that is a caliber you no longer own.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it may be a serious felony to sell ammo withing 90 days of buying it for more than 2% more than you paid for it.

Hilarious!

I'll be back later. I'm going to go see if I can find some brand new classic cars for sale for $400.00 - $1500.00 You know the price they originally were!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Only if you are manufacturing or importing do you need a license, per the BATFE's web site.

Q: Is a license required to engage in the business of selling small arms ammunition?
    No. A license is not required for a dealer in ammunition only, but a manufacturer or an importer of ammunition must be licensed.
    [18 U.S.C. 922 (a)(1)(B)]

Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Conduct of Business (Licensees) | ATF

OK, re-read and noticed "resell". I thought the guy was selling reloads.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

I despise profiteers contributing to the shortage and trying to make a profit.
    But I have never heard of the above rule / law. Where did you come up with this from?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Now I know why they came up with the purple thing....and I am saddened by the realization.

I inferred you might be joking, but since there was no purple, and it is hard to tell sarcasm at times in plain text, I wasn't sure if you were being serious and were just wrong. Besides, you can't exactly say IANAL ;)

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Hey! I resent that. I was smart enough to stock up on ammo a long time ago. I'm just helping my poor brothers that didn't plan ahead. Remember, the buyer sets the price. You can ask all you want but until someone agrees to buy it isn't a deal.

And another thing: has anyone seen a real douche bag (or as they call it in France-Le bag de le douche) in action? I've been married 45 years and my honey hasn't used anything that looks like it would count. Does that make her a bad person? Is our marriage doomed? Wasn't she raised right? Where can I shop to get one for her next birthday? Answers, people. I need answers.:dunno:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    You can sell any "factory" ammo to anyone, for any price - just as you can sell any part from a gun except the "receiver" to anyone. (That is the "actual firearm" and can only be sold to someone over 18, a resident of the state, and someone you do not have "reasonable cause" to doubt the person is not legal to possess a firearm). However you cannot legally sell ammo you have RELOADED, for that you need a "manufacturing license" from the ATF.

Wazimu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    I think douchbags are a protected minority and eligible for federal assistance. Anti-discrimination laws apply.

If a guy wants to flip ammo, I don't have to buy it. "I have to do for me and mine" may be at play.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I know that the GM in Greenwood has had to kick people out of their parking lot for buying ammo from the store and trying to sell it for double (in the parking lot). Reselling ammo is punishable by beatings and hate.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Profiteering is not against the law. Creating a shortage so one can profit off of the shortage is no against the law either. But If you fall into that category don't be surprised when people think of you as a douche.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    People buying all the ammo at the store and then reselling for huge profit?
    Tar: Check. Feathers: Check.

People selling ammo they bought long ago?
    Taking advantage of the situation but not reprehensible.

Top Bottom