• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    You see tons of people asking about entry level AR15's, and many people recommending the Olympic Arms Plinker Plus. I just I'd thought show another option, especially if you're into the flat top and not the carry handle.

The K16 has a 16" blackened Stainless steel bull barrel with a 1 in 9 twist, which so far shoots quarter size groups with cheap PMC ammo, and my Leopold 3-9x40 scopes.

Also so far the gun runs flawlessly, and appears to be well built. I've added an ergo grip, and tactical latch just to help ergonomics, and some 20 and 30 round Pmags which work great.

I also wanted to take a moment to thank the guys over at 21st Century in Bluffton, for a great buying experience, and a super price.

028.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

East meets West, my AK and AR

033.jpg

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    play nice...chrysler did some bad things in the 80s also, still alot of dodge trucks on the road

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    If you only knew what oly did in the early 80's.:noway:

These aren't the old days of cast receivers, and shoddy workmanship.

They now have forged receivers, and a lifetime warranty. I can't speak for all of the Olympics, but mine has a great fit and finish. There is no wiggle between the upper and lower, and whatever coating they use seems uniform and durable.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I've looked at these some and I really like the look and ergonomics of the barrel and entire upper. Glad to hear yours is shooting well. I'd never seen one with a black barrel only polished ones.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I have a 9mm oly upper that looks and runs great. only problem is that you have to use oly mags and they are hard to find

I would absolutley love to have the Oly 9mm that uses Glock mags. 21st Century had one down at the 1500 for $799, but my wife would have killed me. Maybe some day.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Isn't it difficult to see through that scope with those rings? I've found I have to use extra high or a one piece tall ring setup on ar's.

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have had nothing but good luck with these rifles. The K-16 is one of the best kept secrets around (not so much a secret hear)
    You will find that many custom AR-15 builders will use the Olympic Arms barrel’s for the high end rifles.
    Fit and finish are superb, warranty is great and the price is awesome. When you can buy a rifle like this for sub $700.00 and have nothing but good things to say, well, What more needs to be said?
    :rockwoot:

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Isn't it difficult to see through that scope with those rings? I've found I have to use extra high or a one piece tall ring setup on ar's.

The first set of rings I had on were medium height, and they were definitely to low, but these rings which are high, are perfect for me. I'd probably try some extra highs if I had them, but since it's not broken, atleast for me, I'll just leave it as it is.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    There is a highly intillgent, and compitent gunsmith close to me. He is one hell of an AR guru. He said that oly's are great guns for the money. My Friend has an oly M4, and has taken quit a few coyote with it. By the way how much, because I'm looking at a .223 for some 100 yard shooting at tax time. Nice looking rifle!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom