• ...and so much more!
  • Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Inspired by this thread:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ment/252444-rep_for_letters_to_your_reps.html

I have decided to follow up and rep anyone who convinces someone else to write letters to their reps or to join the NRA. We need a big voice right now. There are tons of gun owners sitting around wringing their hands and doing nothing. There are tons of hunters, collectors, and casual shooters who don't think this will affect them. All they need is a little encouragement from you to get up and say something. Please encourage every gun owner you know to join the NRA and to write their reps.

The same rules apply here as in the other thread. You post up that, because of your efforts, someone you know has written letters or joined the NRA, and I will rep you for it. I bet others may do the same.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    In an effort to get others involved I have offered to pay half of a one year NRA membership for a couple of my friends who are new shooters. I will report back if they take me up on it.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Upped my membership to lifetime and got my father to join. Also joined the Gun Owners of America. Hopefully we can stop the crazy people and their self-proclaimed drag queen.

chtheo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Don't need any rep for it, but I recently convinced two people to join the NRA (or maybe it was the $25 gift certificate) :)

Had a Great conversation with a local middle school teacher at a New Year's Eve party and he is going to our LGS to purchase a handgun this week as well as applying for his LTCH. He will also be contacting Guy for training and talking to his school system's Superintendent.

We must all do our part everyday!

Thanks for doing yours!

tuttjs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Got my girl to join the NRA the other day. She didn't really care about joining NRA because she didn't understand what they did and didn't want to pay for nothing. As soon as she found out that they were PAYING to put willing guards/teachers through training at schools she hopped on and signed up :rockwoot:

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I have convinced a handful of my friends to send letters from my barrage of posts on Facebook. MAC made it easy too with his links and letters.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I sent out a mass email to 3.780 members of my WWW.Hunt-Indiana.com hunting forum..

The email.....

The “BAN THE ASSAULT RIFLES” campaign is premised on a lie.

What Obama, some in congress, the media and the people falling in lock step with them are trying to ban is NOT “assault rifles”. True “assault rifles” are military only and are select fire. In other words there is a selection switch that will allow that rifle to be either a semi-automatic (one trigger pull, one bullet fired) or full automatic (one trigger pull, multiple bullets fired.).

The civilian rifles erroneously being called “assault rifles” can NOT be put on full automatic. They are NOT “assault rifles”, but the current administration would like you to believe that they are.

The rifles that they are wanting to be banned has the very same semi-automatic action as a multitude of other rifles and shotguns used for target practice, hunting and yes, …even home protection. They look differently, are most times black and thus the gun banner put the term “assault rifle” on them. But make no mistake about it these guns are no different that many others in use.

Labeling these as “assault rifles” should tell any reasonable person that Obama, some in congress, the media and other gun banners are not playing honestly. Why would they do that? They are demonizing a certain look semi-automatic rifle as a pure cosmetic ban. All because this is the first step in a journey to a full ban on all firearms. See world history for proof.

But wait says the gun banners.. Doesn’t the AR in AR15 stand for “assault rifle”? No, it doesn’t. It stands for Armalite Rifle and the 15 is a model number. That company developed this platform.

See - http://www.armalite.com/default.aspx

Folks that are for banning these guns are being hoodwinked by some politicians that are using the dishonest name of “assault rifle” on our semi-automatic rifles.

Please contact our congressmen and senators and tell them to not support any ban of any guns. Our Second Amendment depends on it.

Contact information:

http://www.contactingthecongress.org/cgi-bin/newseek.cgi?site=ctc2011&state=in

Senator Elect Donnelly does not have any contact information up yet.

US Senators:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Do it today...

Thanks,

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    A friend of mine got a response letter today. I really like his rep.

As for my reps, I still haven't received any replies, only spam emails and junk mail. I think all they did was add me to their mailing lists...

263199_10102073814965118_964886731_n.jpg

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I'm not looking for a rep but I went over to the Ruger site today and sent letters from that website to state and federal representatives. It uses your zip code to ID all the right people to send to. I'm not through but this is a great way to get started.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i FINALLY just joined the NRA after being a gun owner for 20 years.
    theres a lot of other lobbyists that more fit my politics but you have to hedge your bets.

as far as writing to your reps, theres a form letter floating around that you can pretty much copy-paste. simple and easy-peasy.

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    Because of my efforts, someone I know has joined the NRA after owning guns for 50 years. I gave him the membership as a birthday present!

Top Bottom