• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    What I understand from talking to both my local sheriff department and the local L-1, if your county does not offer online, then it does no good to go thru L-1 because they have no way to link them together. When you try to set an appointment online with L-1, it ask for your application # and will not let you proceed further without one.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now come Kosciusko, La Grange, Madison, and Marshall Counties. Residents of these counties and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting. (Please click HERE to see Vince49's post #206 in this thread for more info on the difference.)

The list of counties (in black) follows:

Adams____________________Franklin_________________Lawrence_________________Rush
    Allen____________________Fulton___________________Madison__________________St Joseph
    Bartholomew______________Gibson___________________Marion___________________Scott
    Benton___________________Grant____________________Marshall_________________Shelby
    Blackford________________Greene___________________Martin___________________Spencer
    Boone____________________Hamilton_________________Miami____________________Starke
    Brown____________________Hancock__________________Monroe___________________Steuben
    Carroll__________________Harrison_________________Montgomery_______________Sullivan
    Cass_____________________Hendricks________________Morgan___________________Switzerland
    Clark____________________Henry____________________Newton___________________Tippecanoe
    Clay_____________________Howard___________________Noble____________________Tipton
    Clinton__________________Huntington_______________Ohio_____________________Union
    Crawford_________________Jackson__________________Orange___________________Vanderburgh
    Daviess__________________Jasper___________________Owen_____________________Vermillion
    Dearborn_________________Jay______________________Parke____________________Vigo
    Decatur__________________Jefferson________________Perry____________________Wabash
    De Kalb__________________Jennings_________________Pike_____________________Warren
    Delaware_________________Johnson__________________Porter___________________Warrick
    Dubois___________________Knox_____________________Posey____________________Washington
    Elkhart__________________Kosciusko________________Pulaski__________________Wayne
    Fayette__________________LaGrange_________________Putnam___________________Wells
    Floyd____________________Lake_____________________Randolph_________________White
    Fountain_________________La Porte_________________Ripley___________________Whitley

This brings our ratio to 70 of 92 counties, or 76.09% Over three quarters! :rockwoot: :woot: :rockwoot:

The information on this can be found at Application for Handgun License

Blessings,
    Bill

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    Talked to the Warrick County Sheriffs office today and they said they will be able to accept online applications as of January 1, 2011.

Ok, for those from Warrick County, I just talked to the sheriff's office again today and they have been given the date of February 8th as the date that they will be online!! :rockwoot:

Looking forward to it!!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now come Morgan, Noble, Ohio, Orange, Perry, Pike, and Posey Counties. Residents of these counties and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting. (Please click HERE to see Vince49's post #206 in this thread for more info on the difference.)

Allen____________________Fulton___________________Madison__________________St Joseph
    Bartholomew______________Gibson___________________Marion___________________Scott
    Benton___________________Grant____________________Marshall_________________Shelby
    Blackford________________Greene___________________Martin___________________Spencer
    Boone____________________Hamilton_________________Miami____________________Starke
    Brown____________________Hancock__________________Monroe___________________Steuben
    Carroll__________________Harrison_________________Montgomery_______________Sullivan
    Cass_____________________Hendricks________________Morgan___________________Switzerland
    Clark____________________Henry____________________Newton___________________Tippecanoe
    Clay_____________________Howard___________________Noble____________________Tipton
    Clinton__________________Huntington_______________Ohio_____________________Union
    Crawford_________________Jackson__________________Orange___________________Vanderburgh
    Daviess__________________Jasper___________________Owen_____________________Vermillion
    Decatur__________________Jefferson________________Perry____________________Wabash
    De Kalb__________________Jennings_________________Pike_____________________Warren
    Delaware_________________Johnson__________________Porter___________________Warrick
    Dubois___________________Knox_____________________Posey____________________Washington
    Elkhart__________________Kosciusko________________Pulaski__________________Wayne
    Fayette__________________LaGrange_________________Putnam___________________Wells
    Floyd____________________Lake_____________________Randolph_________________White
    Fountain_________________La Porte_________________Ripley___________________Whitley

This brings our ratio to 77 of 92 counties, or 83.70%

Blessings,
    Bill

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just started my online renewal tonight. Already paid state fee for the expedited process. Going to the state building on Friday for prints and whatnot.

I had another two years on my 4-year license... but I figured I'd just get the Lifetime now... what with all the crap starting to go on with "blah blah gun rights"

Online payment estimated it'd take 3-7 days to get the license... I doubt it, but I'll look for something around that.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    I had to renew my permit and I went the online route. Got fingerprinted last Wednesday and received my permit today!!! I definitely like this new option.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now come Pulaski, Randolph, Ripley, Rush, Spencer, and Starke Counties. Residents of these counties and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting. (Please click HERE to see Vince49's post #206 in this thread for more info on the difference.)

This brings our ratio to 83 of 92 counties, or 90.22%

Blessings,
    Bill

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    I skipped here from page 17, but I wanted to ask, I live in city limits, so I'm supossed to go to police dept. But a guy I have talked to who lives in city limits told me to go to sheriffs dept.... so should I just call up there?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    By the way, don't bring a knife to the 100 North Senate police offices. Had to take mine out of the building and bury it in the dirt and snow before they'd let me in. My stupid fault -_-

Sgt Stoner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Fishers
    Just got my LTCH in the mail... Start to finish 3 weeks. Relatively painless too! Only hitch was that I live in Lawerence school district but apparently its still IMPD patrolled so I played musical police stations for a bit... Other than that its a piece o' cake

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Update!

To the list of Indiana counties in which one may apply online for a License To Carry Handgun (LTCH) now come Steuben, Sullivan, Switzerland, Tipton, and Union Counties. Residents of these counties and the others listed below may now make application online and go visit their CLEO (or L1 Identity Solutions) for fingerprinting. (Please click HERE to see Vince49's post #206 in this thread for more info on the difference.)

This brings our ratio to 88 of 92 counties, or 95.65%

Blessings,
    Bill

nk1124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have been looking into renewing my license, but I dont know where the old one is since it has been expired for a year or so. The online form asks for my old license number. Is there any easy way to get this number so I can renew?

nk1124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bloomington
    No I havent but after some digging, its not necessary to have the information. The instructions say to estimate the year and put UNK as the license number. For anyone else in the same boat

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So I've got an issue...

My 4-year LTCH doesn't expire until mid 2013. I applied for and completed the payments/application of my Lifetime LTCH today. (Did the State portion last week)

The Greenwood PD guy said they'll probably reject my license because it's so far away from my current expiration date.

Is there any way to find out if it'll get through? Why would they need to wait for mine to be close to expiration before I can do a Lifetime renewal? Makes no sense...

Is there anyone I can call and talk to about it? I mean, it comes down to this: What if the Lifetime LTCH is no longer available when my 4-year expires? I know it's a longshot... but it's something we've all thought about.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So I've got an issue...

My 4-year LTCH doesn't expire until mid 2013. I applied for and completed the payments/application of my Lifetime LTCH today. (Did the State portion last week)

The Greenwood PD guy said they'll probably reject my license because it's so far away from my current expiration date.

Is there any way to find out if it'll get through? Why would they need to wait for mine to be close to expiration before I can do a Lifetime renewal? Makes no sense...

Is there anyone I can call and talk to about it? I mean, it comes down to this: What if the Lifetime LTCH is no longer available when my 4-year expires? I know it's a longshot... but it's something we've all thought about.

By State law, you can't renew your license (or convert it to a lifetime) until your current license is within 365 days of its expiration.

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4; P.L.47-2010, SEC.2.

nk1124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bloomington
    I applied online feb 2, and did the L1 today, and when I went to the Monroe county sheriff to pay the local they went and printed out the form 4x, and had me put my SSN and sign each and told me to come back in a week, and pay then. Is this normal for an online/l1 app?

Top Bottom