• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    From the Firearm Blog:

BREAKING NEWS: Remington has bought AAC (Advanced Armament Corp)

This was rumored and denied by founder Kevin Brittingham ( at least that is what I was told ) but the deal closed on 2 October and suppressor manufacturer AAC is now a division of Remington Military Products Division (MPD).

"We welcome Kevin and his team of engineers and designers on board,” commented Theodore (Ted) Torbeck, CEO of Remington and its parent, Freedom Group, Inc. “With the acquisition of AAC, we can enhance our research and development capabilities and deliver a more competitive product to the end user; further strengthening Remington’s position in the domestic and international markets.”

I think there will be many changes to AAC in the future. They have a unique company culture and I wonder if it will survive the Remington takeover.

Remington is owned by The Freedom Group, which is the firearm division of Cerberus Capital Management.

And from the AAC blog:

REMINGTON PURCHASES AAC

An industry icon’s new venture in suppressor technology.

By Tom Beckstrand

Remington announced today that they have purchased the assets of Advanced Armament Corporation, an industry leader in suppressor manufacturing. The AAC acquisition appears to be part of Remington's broader strategic goal of returning American military weapons production to the American industrial base.

For the first time in years, Remington has introduced new products in the sniper rifle space with the Modular Sniper Rifle (MSR) and the carbine/sub-compact weapon space with the Adaptive Combat Rifle (ACR) to compete for emerging US government special operations and conventional force requirements. As it currently stands, the majority of small arms produced for the American military come from companies headquartered overseas.

Remington’s decision to purchase AAC stems from recognition that future military weapons selections will almost unilaterally require sound and/or signature reduction. Our military has been at war for over 8 years now and experience shows that there are significant tactical advantages associated with suppressor use; hence the military’s interest in adopting this new requirement.

The Advanced Armament Corporation is a small business devoted to suppressor, or ’silencer’, development and production. AAC is headquartered in Georgia and has recently experienced substantial growth from the military¹s interest in and purchase of suppressors including its subcontractor role as the provider of silencers and flash hiders for the SOF Combat Assault Rifle (SCAR) program. Civilian sales are also up as civilians become increasingly aware that suppressor ownership is legal in 34 states.

AAC is one of the largest suppressor manufacturers in the United States. However, few suppressor companies are positioned to provide suppressors in the quantities required by existing and future military contracts while still being able to meet growing civilian demands. The merger of Remington with AAC will enable AAC to take advantage of Remington's production capabilities as well as benefit from the additional R&D capabilities that
    Remington has to offer.

While Remington purchased AAC's assets and intellectual property, initial indications are that they have no intention of replacing AAC’s executive staff with one of their own and that they are instead intent on expanding on AAC’s current footprint. AAC will report to Remington’s Military Products Division, but the leadership at AAC, including former owner Kevin Brittingham, will remain in place and continue to function as they have in the past.

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I think this is good for the country.... remington is getting all their ducks in a row to start winning some military contracts.... the ACR with an AAC suppressor would fit in the hands of our troops just fine... esp if its chambered in something a bit larger than 5.56

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    AAC = Crap now its going to get a bigger flyer in the gun adds. Anyone who copy rigths numbers and sues people is a joker. So be carefull when you use the numbers 17 .50bmg 7.62x 39. and a list of other numbers old Dick Swan will sue you.

Edit. no Idea.

Last edited:

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    What does Dick Swan/ARMS and their lawsuits have to do with Remington and AAC? :dunno:

Its called Lack of sleep. I mixed up two completely different things. LOL I was chaneling my AAC experience of a blown can. Forgive a tired person.lol

Dunce cap please.:yesway:

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    AAC = Crap now its going to get a bigger flyer in the gun adds. Anyone who copy rigths numbers and sues people is a joker. So be carefull when you use the numbers 17 .50bmg 7.62x 39. and a list of other numbers old Dick Swan will sue you.

Edit. no Idea.

Well you are partially right. AAC has sued a guy over a post on the internet, made false claims against other maufactures and taken another companies can and violated that companies design patents on their can and replaced the internals then blame that company for a ruling by the ATF to protect patented parts.

But hey, they have "cool" packaging, shirts and stickers.

I refuse to buy anything AAC, but I am a Remington fan. This makes for some tough decisions in the future.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    AAC has some talented engineers and some idiot management. If Remington keeps the engineers and cans the big-shots, that should be a recipe for a successful company.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I just hope there is not a problem with the 10K in suppressors I have paid for and not received yet. Perhaps they will make some good business decisions and change their billing procedures to pay on shipping like all the other suppressor companies.

Top Bottom