• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    When I think of Remington, I think of machinists, engineers, and production workers that provided the sportsman with good firearms and helped us in wartime and supplied many Policeand Military weapons. Spanning 200 years plus.

I will not hold Bad feelings for what the greedy whores who flew this plane into the ground. I suggest we find and identify them by name and and make it public WHO did this, not what did this.

When you do, as said earlier, you will be surprised to learn their politics and also what they came away with in compensation. And to make matters worse, many of them are working for other so called 2A companies.

Truth hurts.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    From what I see Vista bought the ammo and accessories divisions, not the firearms. Those were purchased by Roundhill Group, who moved them to Georgia from New York.
    https://www.remarms.com
    From wiki it said Vista bought the name, Remington.

From the Forbes article.

• Vista Outdoor Inc. for its Lonoke ammunitions business and certain IP assets
    • Roundhill Group LLC for its non-Marlin firearms business
    • Sierra Bullets LLC for its Barnes ammunitions business
    • Sturm, Ruger, & Co. for its Marlin firearms business
    • JJE Capital Holdings LLC for DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands
    • Franklin Armory Holdings Inc. for Bushmaster brand and some related assets
    • Sportsman’s Warehouse Inc. for Tapco brands

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes.

They bought the name and the cost of doing that business (for profit) was that they also bought the baggage. Remington's baggage has bit the new owners, along with all 2A proponents. Our only recourse is to not support the Remington name, regardless of ownership.

If Vista had an understanding of the 2A and it's relation to their customer, the simple solution for them would be to make a huge PR push, publicly changing the Remington name.
    You blame the current owners of the Remington name for what occurred AFTER they bought the name?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    From wiki it said Vista bought the name, Remington.

From the Forbes article.

Look at what you posted. It says exactly what I posted. Vista has ammo and accessories. They got Remington.com
    Roundhill got the Remington guns. They are still branded Remington. Remington Arms, thus the RemArms.com.
    So if we are talking about the company that would be included in this, I would think it would be the one that sells guns, not bullets.

Of course I suppose people could boycott anything with the Remington name on it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes.

They bought the name and the cost of doing that business (for profit) was that they also bought the baggage. Remington's baggage has bit the new owners, along with all 2A proponents. Our only recourse is to not support the Remington name, regardless of ownership.

If Vista had an understanding of the 2A and it's relation to their customer, the simple solution for them would be to make a huge PR push, publicly changing the Remington name.

Just so I know, are we boycotting all of those that bought Remington? They owned Marlin at the time are we including them also, or since they are not named in the press do they get a pass? H&R?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Look at what you posted. It says exactly what I posted. Vista has ammo and accessories. They got Remington.com
    Roundhill got the Remington guns. They are still branded Remington. Remington Arms, thus the RemArms.com.
    So if we are talking about the company that would be included in this, I would think it would be the one that sells guns, not bullets.

Of course I suppose people could boycott anything with the Remington name on it.
    That was just a support post agreeing…

Reactions: KLB

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Just so I know, are we boycotting all of those that bought Remington? They owned Marlin at the time are we including them also, or since they are not named in the press do they get a pass? H&R?

I will not boycott many of these companies as I like and use some of the products. I know a few salaried officers (Republican) and know they chase the dollar rather than the 2A . But As I have already said, I will not stop drinking water just because I may not agree on the God that made it.

I also know of one major ammo source that stole the Pandemic handout money and it did not go to the employees.

So again, you can label your righteous intent for Billy Bobs Firearm company, but at the end of the day, it’s not the 600 or so employees, but a few double standard, two faced thieves that are selling us down the River and enjoying their Yachts.

Find out who, and you will see what and why they did. Otherwise, give up the fight.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

As one who seems to dislike boycotts overall, spending a LOT of time arguing about them, seemingly for your own convenience, I believe that is a great project for you to delve into.

I'm just a simple minded 2A supporter. Remington sold us out, consequently we don't buy the brand name anymore.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As one who seems to dislike boycotts overall, spending a LOT of time arguing about them, seemingly for your own convenience, I believe that is a great project for you to delve into.

I'm just a simple minded 2A supporter. Remington sold us out, consequently we don't buy the brand name anymore.

Do you get the point that Remington did not sell anybody out? Vista bought the name months ago and this just happened? Are you really going to blame someone for something they did not do?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As one who seems to dislike boycotts overall, spending a LOT of time arguing about them, seemingly for your own convenience,
    My observations have been usually one of two things happen when we boycott, There is no noticeable affect so they don’t care, or it hurts a company I really need.

When I first joined INGO every time there was a call to boycott I was all over it, telling all my friends and of course not doing business with the offender. But it just got to be too much, it was every time you turned around another call for a boycott. I started looking deeper and there was usually not a lot too it, it was disputed, or the like. I just came to realize we mostly were hurting ourselves.

I do have a few I despise, Pensey’s comes to mind, but you do you. I still will point out what seems unfair to me, and the folly of thinking it does any good for the 2A. You and I are teammates in defending the NRA but we just think differently on this, but we are still brothers in arms fighting for the same outcome in the end.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I am sure you can vouch for all actions by the every BOD on everything they appear to do
    iu

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Reading through the comments I can't help but notice that some are calling for the boycott of a company who's only crime is buying Remington Outdoors at a bankruptcy sale. The new company has nothing to do with the lawsuit or the settlement, they had no say in the matter.

I personally will not hold accountable one person/company for the actions of another when they have no control over the situation.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    The left loves it when we are at odds with one another.
    Istead of a boycott, let's do a buying blitz to show our support for a hurting company that is being attacked by the anti's.

NWIGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    NWI
    What should happen is to find out what companies the old investors are invested in now and boycott those...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    How do you feel about the NRA?:): Let's see encouraged Reagan to sign the FOPA including the Hughes amendment when he was willing to veto it because of it. Who was it again that suggested to Trump to have the BATFECE to take a look at bump stocks? Didn't they support the Mulford act when Reagan was the CA Gov?

But you want to boycott a company that had no part in this lawsuit, they simply bought the name a while back. Heck the previous Remington had no part in this settlement, because they no longer exist. The only people that "sold us out" were insurance company lawyers and bean counters.

Simple minded? Well you are the one that said it.

Top Bottom