• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airborne18th

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I have a remington model 10 that was given to me years ago. Recently I thought about attempting a model 10 trench project. I completely disassembled and cleaned the almost 100 years of filth and reoiled it. I put it back together and it appears to function. But it won't cycle the dummy rounds. So it does not function... It won't grab the shell out of the chamber currently. This was not your AR/AK/HK disassembly and reassembly. This shotgun like all of its time was a work of art. Does anyone had this issue also? I believe, I put the bolt back together correctly. The extractor appears to have an edge. I am reluctant to surrender but, a gunsmith may be required. If so who wants a crack at it? or who knows a competent gunsmith in northwest indiana? I would be willing to drive east or downstate for this. The model 10 trench gun is the most asthetically pleasing (By this I mean bad you know what) trench guns to me and one of the most rare. Second to the Ithaca Model 37.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Give Eric Guttridge in Griffith a call. He is the only gunsmith in the area I trust. He isn't really expensive, but you might have to wait a little bit because he has a lot of guns to work on.

Top Bottom