• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protongun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    I just received my Knoxx NRS stock/forend for my Remington 870 and i gotta say it looks pretty sharp. When i removed my factory wood stock there was a little metal washer/spacer between the stock and the receiver. When i put this piece back on along with my new Knoxx stock there is a gap between the receiver and stock ( approx 3mm). when i put my new Knoxx stock on without the washer/spacer, my new stock fits snuggly without a gap against the receiver. Should i use this washer/spacer or not? I like the snug fit without the washer, but i do not want to sacrifice structural integrity. Thanks ahead of time!:)

protongun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    well to answer my own question..for the Specops stock on the 870, you are supposed to remove the metal spacer that is used with the original stock.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Keep your original stock! I had one of the NRS stocks and yes, it looks very cool, but I lasted about six rounds of S&B OO Buck and it was swapped back out! I know shotgun fit is a very individual thing, but every round felt like someone smacking me in teh face with a hammer!

Let us know how it works out.

Pics of my old set-up

GunPics010.jpg

GunPics006.jpg

Doug K

Top Bottom