• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    i am looking to upgrade the scope on my rem 700 . right now i have a konus m30 its a good scope i just want better ,dont know the power right now lol.what scope choices do i have in the 600 and lower market that are very accurate.i will mainly be shooting 200 yards or less but i might be able to get out farther.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I've got a Millett 4-16 with the illuminated reticle on my Howa .308 and really like it for the money. The glass is pretty clear for a $325 scope. Nikon would be an option in your price range... or possibly a clean used Leupold.

cgbills

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Avon
    Take a hard look at the Vortex Viper PST scopes. Probably some the best glass and features at that price point. MOA or MIL reticle, zero stop, illuminated reticle, first focal plane, 30mm tube and great glass. If you don’t get one of those look at Sightron SIII scopes. Not as many features as the Vortex but a little less pricey and a little better glass. You will hear the regular recommendation of Leupold, and they are good scopes, but if you are looking at their lower end scopes there are much better choices out there.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Take a hard look at the Vortex Viper PST scopes. Probably some the best glass and features at that price point. MOA or MIL reticle, zero stop, illuminated reticle, first focal plane, 30mm tube and great glass. If you don’t get one of those look at Sightron SIII scopes. Not as many features as the Vortex but a little less pricey and a little better glass. You will hear the regular recommendation of Leupold, and they are good scopes, but if you are looking at their lower end scopes there are much better choices out there.

Man, those reticles are nice looking.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    I just sold my R700 SPS in .308. I had a nice Bushnell Elite(3200?) It is perfect for the job. Though Nikon is coming out with a Tac Scope just for the .308 in Aug...just like the one they have for the 5.56. I would most certainly get that scope once it becomes available.

kingstrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    The Leupold Ultralights are really nice if you want to save some weight. I pretty much switched everything out to Leupolds except on a couple of guns, trying to come up with funds for those now.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I mounted the new Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 FFP with the illuminated enhanced Mil-Dot on my Rem 700 Police about a month ago. At $749, this scope is a far better value than the price suggests. The glass is superior to the new Vortex PST line of scopes, and it is actually made in Japan by Light Optical Works, who also make some of the Nightforce components.

If you can find one of the Midway $50 discount codes online, you can get this scope for a song. Weaver Tactical Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 3-15x 50mm 1/10 Mil Adjustments Side Focus First Focal Illuminated Enhanced Mil-Dot Reticle Matte - MidwayUSA

Weaver is definitely trying to buy their way into the growing tactical market with this scope.

700pweaverffpclose.jpg

Features:

• First Focal Plane
    • Illuminated Reticle
    • Enhanced Mil_Dot
    • Locking Turrets
    • Matching Mil / Mil Turrets and Reticle
    • Superior Glass
    • Side Focus Parralax Adjustment
    • 100 MOA of Interna Adjustment (This is HUGE)
    • Lifetime Warranty

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    When I was looking, I was lucky to hit the time Bushnell was closing out their Elite 3200 and 4200 lines, and picked up a couple Elite 4200 FFP ILL MILDOT scopes reasonably (half of their suggested retail). I had troubles with one, that Bushnell has replaced with their new model (Elite Tactical). Haven't done nearly enough shooting with them, so can't speak to that. But there were some good reviews when I was looking. Might check out Natchez (where I got mine) - the last catalog still had some of the closeout scopes listed.

Also, I post this on a regular basis, but was another piece of info I found when looking.

The Optics Talk Forums - SWFA Riflescope Rating Scale

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I mounted the new Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 FFP with the illuminated enhanced Mil-Dot on my Rem 700 Police about a month ago. At $749, this scope is a far better value than the price suggests. The glass is superior to the new Vortex PST line of scopes, and it is actually made in Japan by Light Optical Works, who also make some of the Nightforce components.

If you can find one of the Midway $50 discount codes online, you can get this scope for a song. Weaver Tactical Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 3-15x 50mm 1/10 Mil Adjustments Side Focus First Focal Illuminated Enhanced Mil-Dot Reticle Matte - MidwayUSA

Weaver is definitely trying to buy their way into the growing tactical market with this scope.

They say that is part of their superslam series and they happen to have a $50 rebate on those.

http://www.weaveroptics.com/downloads/WO245_SuperSlamScopeRebateCoupon.pdf

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    At 200 yards and in (or 500 yard and in) I couldn't want to bother with a variable. A solid 6x, Leupold or Sightron 6x42, would be unbeatable all around.

Top Bottom