• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Mac 1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    New Castle, IN
    Just starting to get into reloading and I was wondering if anyone had any pictures they would share on what the "area" looks like. Bench, storage compartments, lighting, etc... There was a large Dillon set up on ebay for sale and the pictures of the area were pretty incredible. I will probably set mine up in my basement up against a plain stud wall and build from there. Just looking for ideas! :)

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Mine is trashed I would be embarrassed to let anyone see it right now, I haven't reloaded much this winter for lack of components and now that they are becoming available I have got piles of stuff everywhere, I need to build soe shelves and get a steal fire cabinet for my powders too.

farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    here are before and after of mine I just reworked my reloading room made the bench big so I could add a mec9000 for shotgun.the new bench is made of 2x12s with a 3/16 steel top.
    before
    14u7s61.jpg

2r21yza.jpg

after
    2h6rcwx.jpg

2n7mglj.jpg

indianamoon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    South Bend
    Manroom

Die, powder, bullet, brass,parts, tools storage
    Loadingroom2.jpg

Tools and ammo cabinet (locked)
    Loadingroom1.jpg

Loading bench
    Loadingroom3.jpg

Photograhpy station
    Loadingroom4.jpg

This what you are looking for? Now it's time to get to work!

In our area, there are a number of Habitat for Humanity ReStores where they sell used building supplies. I would check them out for cabinets and countertops.

cprbycps

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    I built a counter top with cabinets in our lower part of the house. Meijer & Menards both have plastic shelves that wall mount....seems to work good

Terry A

Marksman
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    NWI
    Reloading Table

I made my reloading table out of a solid wood door out of a school they were remodeling that was being scrapped, I cut it to the size I wanted and made a frame out of 2x4s and took some unistrut L brackets and bolted on the legs and used Hilties to anchor in the concrete floor in the basement, I wanted a solid table and this thing will out last me. If you are looking to make or buy a loading bench make sure you dont skimpo on making it solid. The door is very heavy and every thing I need is easy to screw down or bolt to it.

Big Mac 1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    New Castle, IN
    This what you are looking for? Now it's time to get to work!

In our area, there are a number of Habitat for Humanity ReStores where they sell used building supplies. I would check them out for cabinets and countertops.[/quote]

That looks super cool. I will check the idea on building supplies. Nice set up!

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Wow guys, some really nice setups !! I'll put up a pic of my meager area when I get home. I just finished framing in a new room in the basement so I should have a new get away room soon.

Edit to add a picture
    Picture002.jpg

Last edited:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Some very nice reloading areas guys, my meager station is just for a single stage. Here is my set up in the garage for the warmer months, I use a portable bench in the winter and sit and reload while watching football and movies with the family.

Pic is almost 2 years old now....

reloading002.jpg

super38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Wow, some of you have really nice, spacious areas. I build the table and then topped it with a 6' counter top, somewhat neutral color. With reloading supplies on the bottom shelf, the desk doesn't move. The 2x4 on the back are 3.5' taller than the rest so that I could place a back board for tools - I ended up with 4-shelf bookshelf, sideways and attached to the backboard for stability.

Not bad for the limited space that I have for now. Once I insult the garage, I'll have a little more space to play with.

Super38

Top Bottom