• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Why don't you read it again? It says precisely what I said in my first post to you. Glock warns against the use of ALL handloaded ammo. It says nothing about lead vs. jacketed or otherwise.
    Maybe you are having trouble reading red letters then. Let me quote it here for ya.

From page 8 of the 2003 Glock Annual:

1. Why can't I shoot lead bullets in my GLOCK?
    1. GLOCK rifling is hexagonal or octagonal for better bullet-to-bore seal. Lead builds up more quickly in these types of rifling and the lead build-up will increase chamber pressures to an unsafe level.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Maybe you are having trouble reading red letters then. Let me quote it here for ya.

From page 8 of the 2003 Glock Annual:

1. Why can't I shoot lead bullets in my GLOCK?

1. GLOCK rifling is hexagonal or octagonal for better bullet-to-bore seal. Lead builds up more quickly in these types of rifling and the lead build-up will increase chamber pressures to an unsafe level.

I see text that says that on the website, but not a scan of the page. I have never read that in a Glock manual. I can't say for certain that it's not there, but I haven't seen it.

I can say that I've shot hundreds of moly coated bullets through a Glock barrel and never had a problem. I know a ton of other people who do the same, including at least one USPSA GM.

YMMV.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I see text that says that on the website, but not a scan of the page. I have never read that in a Glock manual. I can't say for certain that it's not there, but I haven't seen it.

I can say that I've shot hundreds of moly coated bullets through a Glock barrel and never had a problem. I know a ton of other people who do the same, including at least one USPSA GM.

YMMV.

Last week I would of said the warning was there. But after looking for it page by page, it is not ! Glad I didn't make a bet as to it. :D

This was dicusssed in a thread just last week. I learned then there is no warning as to shooting lead in the manual itself, just a warning as to shooting reloads.

I had to call Glock on another issue and asked. Of course they said not to shoot lead along with ANY reload. They cited what has already been said here. POTENTIAL for leading , causing dangerous pressures. It's strictly a reliabilty issue. They will never give the "Ok" not knowing if A person is attentive to whether they are getting any leading or not.

you can shoot lead fine as long as you either use a proper load, or simply clean often. If still worried about it, buy a $100.00 Lone Wolf barrel.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    New Castle
    Ive seen lead bullets shoot more accuratly than any jacketed . So much cheaper too. Im ready to go lead' in everything I shoot. Ive used cast lead in my deer hunting .44 pistol for years with better results,Ive learned they are not inferior to jacketed.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Ive seen lead bullets shoot more accuratly than any jacketed . So much cheaper too. Im ready to go lead' in everything I shoot. Ive used cast lead in my deer hunting .44 pistol for years with better results,Ive learned they are not inferior to jacketed.

I've seen that as well. For higher powered or faster loads, often a gas check style of lead bullet is all that is needed to eliminate leading.

Top Bottom