• ...and so much more!
  • target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Burgoo and _____________.

That's one of the specialties of my fine home state. Doesn't count if you didn't scrape the animal off the road, or if it's never given you a parasite.
    Arenzvile, IL. Home of the worlds best Burgoo.
    Had many bowls of it throughout the years.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I love cream cheese scooped up on cold hot dogs or cocktail weenies right out of the package. Stumbled across that one when I was making ABT's with little smokies and had more cream cheese and smokies than I had jalapenos.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I love cream cheese scooped up on cold hot dogs or cocktail weenies right out of the package. Stumbled across that one when I was making ABT's with little smokies and had more cream cheese and smokies than I had jalapenos.

Is that like those little wieners that come in a tin and are covered in all that jellied ooze? As a kid I was always thinking how disgusting it is that we're eating them right after birth.

I miss those...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is that like those little wieners that come in a tin and are covered in all that jellied ooze? As a kid I was always thinking how disgusting it is that we're eating them right after birth.

I miss those...

"Cocktail weenies?" They are called Vienna sausages! Pronounced "vy-eena" lol.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    "Cocktail weenies?" They are called Vienna sausages! Pronounced "vy-eena" lol.

Yeah, cocktail weenies and Vienna sausages are very different. Lil' Smokies FTW.

Cocktails-Litl-Smokies-pork-turkey-beef.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bacon grease over leaf lettuce and green onions.

we do something similar. We call it Wilted Lettuce.

Fry up 4 strips of chopped bacon until done. Remove from heat. (Don't drain the grease) Add 1C cider vinegar and about the same of sugar more or less, to taste. Add some black pepper to taste. Get it boiling until the sugar dissolves and pour directly on the lettuce (use a bitter lettuce like black seed Simpson) and green onions. Toss to coat well and Serve immediately. ( it gets disgustingly slimy at about an hour later)

its a staple in the spring in my family as the lettuce and onions are harvested from the garden.

Last edited:

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    we do something similar. We call it Wilted Lettuce.

Fry up 4 strips of chopped bacon until done. Remove from heat. (Don't drain the grease) Add 1C cider vinegar and about the same of sugar more or less, to taste. Add some black pepper to taste. Get it boiling until the sugar dissolves and pour directly on the lettuce (use a bitter lettuce like black seed Simpson) and green onions. Toss to coat well and Serve immediately. ( it gets disgustingly slimy at about an hour later)

its a staple in the spring in my family as the lettuce and onions are harvested from the garden.

Substitute early dandelion greens and you really have something good

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Deer heart and mac and cheese
    fried chicken hearts and fries
    Spam cut in chucks cooked in saurkraut

Almost forgot about a butchering day tradition, pork kidneys cooked in the kettle with head meat and the innards with... put a little salt on them and I am in heaven, great with Busch light

Top Bottom