• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    This was in a thread yesterday that i took part in and i think this would make a great conversation.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LarryC
    Just to be contrary, I really like RJ, it is just a TV show and I'm sure all the pyrotechnics are done just to hold the average Joe's interest. Some of the mods they do are pretty good. I really like any show that features firearms that are shown to the general public.
    We have many, many journalists that wouldn't hold a gun (in public) so I think any good publicity is great. The show has shown some police and other reputable persons interest in firearms in a good light.

I totally agree...now the other gun freindly shows out there: family guns, american guns, i watch by fast forwarding through it to see if any cool gun is show cased.

Back to RJ, anyone else not seen the shows airing? the last episode to air for me was almost two months ago, when the one dude was got invited to Jordan. I got U-verse and its programmed to my DVR so im not missing it.

End Quote:

any thoughts on this? and also if anyone knows the whereabouts of said show airing they will be rewarded handsomely.:D

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    I think any gun oriented show that displays gun ownership in a positive light is a good thing. I don't like any "reality" show that drums up false hysterical drama.(he said/she said )

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    I like the show for the reasons you mentioned. Some of the guns are pretty cool. My local cable has not been advertising it, so I don't know when to expect the next one.

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    ive looked on the internet for an answer and from what ive found, the episode i mentioned that i last saw was apparenty the end of the season but there were episodes that said aired normally after that

nsolimini

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ellettsville
    I haven't seen the show on in a few months.. I kinda like it, but I think it is starting to be staged too much..

Also, welcome to INGO from a Bloomington resident

AaronW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    Mishawaka, IN
    Liked it when Vince was on it, got better when Glenn came on, lost my interest when Vince left, and now Glenn is opening his own shop this spring so i'm imagining he will probably be leaving also and then there's no reason to watch anymore

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I think it is terribly irresponsible to create a television show where every bullet fired causes an explosion and show it to the great unwashed without explanation. How many people who have never been in a room with a gun now believe that everything shot with an AK blows up like it had a hand grenade dropped on it?

The cards are stacked again gun owners as it is thanks to the media. I would think a company in the firearms business might be interested in doing something to improve the general public's opinion on firearms and perhaps educate them rather than misleading them and furthering the ignorant hysteria.

ETA: It also gets old watching them "invent" things that were done 20 or 30 years ago.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think it is terribly irresponsible to create a television show where every bullet fired causes an explosion and show it to the great unwashed without explanation. How many people who have never been in a room with a gun now believe that everything shot with an AK blows up like it had a hand grenade dropped on it?

The cards are stacked again gun owners as it is thanks to the media. I would think a company in the firearms business might be interested in doing something to improve the general public's opinion on firearms and perhaps educate them rather than misleading them and furthering the ignorant hysteria.

ETA: It also gets old watching them "invent" things that were done 20 or 30 years ago.

Sons-Of-Guns-Meme.jpg

He invented the M4 by turning a simple AR15 into full auto. :D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As the owner of several Red Jacket firearms, I enjoy their products more than their show.

Last weekend while playing gun safes, when I moved a Red Jacket firearm I said to myself "ain't never been dun bee-four" and giggled like a schoolgirl on sid.:D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    As the owner of several Red Jacket firearms, I enjoy their products more than their show.

Last weekend while playing gun safes, when I moved a Red Jacket firearm I said to myself "ain't never been dun bee-four" and giggled like a schoolgirl on sid.:D

I would love to hear you giggle like a schoolgirl. :D

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I read on another forum last year that Vince actually owned Red Jacket for a while because Will lost his license for some reason. That was the start of the downfall. Vince actually posted in that forum some very angry words at that time.

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    yeah they've had a bunch of legal issues. i think the company they're on now is the third red jacket. something about losing some guns that were supposedly destroyed. But i dont think the show shines a bad light on the whole gun world. its tv you have to make it interesting to the lay person, i.e. an explosion every other round hey ill take it, its not going to make the lay person think everything you shoot goes up in a fire ball general public isn't that :drool:

Top Bottom