• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alexp120

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Anything they, Red Jacket, touch is for show only, no visible quality. This 1911 look like plastic toy from early Japan, back in the 50-th

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    Ok most of the posts on here are correct,red jacket and the sons of guns t.v. show are kind of goofy BUT it is good to see a pro gun show on t.v. no matter how bad it is

andrew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Where the fur traders sang
    Whats with all the hate? That show is amazing. Red Jacket's employees have a wealth of knowledge. Their firearms are first class and one of a kind. Stephanie is very pretty- and I am sure she could teach all of you a thing or two about guns.

Oh.. must have forgot to make that purple

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Red Jacket sucks, the owner comes off as an arrogant ***hole, the daughter is annoying as hell, and her husband seems to be the dumbest of the bunch. With all of that said somehow they have a successful TV show on Discovery. By the way, American guns is just as bad! Just my .02

American guns may be just as bad but his wife and daughter are better looking!

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    i saw on the rjf website they are now selling there 1911. it has a sti frame. and a big gaudy logo on the side. for 1700 dollars. i cant see the point in buying one. when the show is so goofy. what are your thoughts
    INGunOwners - rlidgard's Album: red jacket - Picture

I FAR prefer one of these:

2.jpg

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Okay, I will give them some love. I have been watching the show religiously. It has been very educational for me. I have learned a lot from the show. Especially what not to do! I do happen to have a Red Jacket item. It is a zippo lighter. It was a gift from a friend. Sadly the item took a long time to get in. The original order was for two zippo lighters one matte black and one chrome. (i would say the black one is the better of the two as the logo rubbed off quick on the chrome one.) They sent an email stating the chrome one was on back order, and then when they sent the product they sent two chrome ones stating the other was out of stock. Then they tried to talk the buyer into keeping it. They wanted him to print a shipping label and package it up and send to them. He told them he didn't have a computer just a cellphone. They then suggested borrow a friends computer. He said No send me a box etc.. they did.. a month later got the right lighter in and a free ball cap.

With that friends experience with red jacket and the confusion and hassle over something simple as a zippo lighter. Makes me wonder if I special ordered something via them. That I would get just the opposite of what I wanted.

I think someone should invest in Vince as he seems to be the only one with any sense on the show, and give him a shop and a show to run. I don't think he would make such outlandish claims to "new ideas" for ideas that have been done before.

I would take the gun if given to me, test it. Resell it and buy two ria's and mod them.

I Love Bourbon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Speedway ish
    I don't believe for a second that's a Red Jacket firearm, there's no grind marks on it and I don't see what they could have used a grinder or a dremel. Nope it's definately not RJF...

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I think someone should invest in Vince as he seems to be the only one with any sense on the show, and give him a shop and a show to run. I don't think he would make such outlandish claims to "new ideas" for ideas that have been done before.

Speaking of him, did anyone catch last weeks episode? Jessie James wanted him to help on a build so Will had to let him back in the shop and it appears Will wants to work things out with Vince. Or as Will said "Since you are here might as well use you."
    :rolleyes:

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    they made the same mistake rock island did and printed the name in big bold letters on the side, nothing can ugly up a gun more than that imo. Of course RIA are good guns and you could buy about 4 for that much money.

And anyone considering a red jacket product should look for the UrbanTiger74 channel on youtube and look at his videos(oldest to newest) on his adventure with his RJ krink, and if that don't keep you away i don't know what will.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Speaking ?of him, did anyone catch last weeks episode? Jessie James wanted him to help on a build so Will had to let him back in the shop and it appears Will wants to work things out with Vince. Or as Will said "Since you are here might as well use you."
    :rolleyes:
    I did.. Even Jessie James seconds my thoughts.. He even wanted to do his own welds..:D But, I did notice all the adverts for Jessie's new show...

Has anyone else noticed how quite a few of the people on the show lost a lot of weight and look "healthier" now?

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    2054i39.jpg

I just want to say i stumbled upon this picture.
    Here is the link to the web address.
    Here is the Link to where i stumbled upon it
    please let me know if i posted this properly and with in compliance with forum rules, or if i am wrong:dunno:. But i wanted to share.

Top Bottom